Goldman Sachs predicts $105 crude

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by DonCorleone, Mar 31, 2005.

1. M Vega

M Vega

Ha nice long

#11     Mar 31, 2005
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

looks like gsco was the sucker that bid the $100 calls then

every dog has its day - but this aint their day!!

im gunna phone them tomorrow with an otc deal for the $90 calls. if they dont bite i'll hit them with a law suit for deliberately misinforming the public.

can i smell coffee?

#12     Mar 31, 2005

3. LOL

Love to see that happen .... :D

#13     Mar 31, 2005
  4. Anyone know anything on the actual jackass that did the work on this at GS or have the text? I assume it was a client note?

And no, oil is not going to 100$ - ever. Who you gonna believe GSCO or me? :D

Geo.

#14     Mar 31, 2005
  5. tomcole

tomcole

The GS guy who wrote it, is ranked #3 Oil/Gas analyst by II. You have to read the report and not just sound bites. You have to think it through before commenting on it as well.

But the cascading effect of oil hitting 60 or 70, is, at retail, heating oil hitting 3 or even 4 bucks a gallon, gas hitting 3 bucks a gallon, which cuts down house prices in the North east, which cuts real estate taxes paid, which creates huge deficits for cities and towns as they need to meet ever increasing pensions and benefits for workers.

It benefits the southeast/west. etc.

Its the cascade effect that sinks the economic ship, not the initial impact.

#15     Mar 31, 2005

6. Well, he's managed to get Goldman Sachs somewhere I've never seen it before - on DrudgeReport this evening. Maybe they'll hit Star and Enquirer next week.

And no, I dont have to think it through. What could possibly make you think that - that I said he's a jackass?

Put his report up here - let's see what he's got.

Geo.

#16     Mar 31, 2005
  7. gaj

gaj

well, he wouldn't appear on cnbc to defend his call, even for softball questions. when's the last time you heard of THAT happening?

(some people won't appear with the tough cnbc questioners)

#17     Mar 31, 2005
  8. someone forgot to sell their energy stocks at the highs....:D

#18     Mar 31, 2005
  9. Shouldn't Spitzer be all over GS and this "analyst" by now? I'd like to see GS taken to laundry.

#19     Mar 31, 2005
  10. How can $105 be top. The demand is rising fast and the supply is finishing just as fast.

$105 seems perfectly reasonable over the next few years. The days of cheap oil are over.

#20     Mar 31, 2005