Goldman Sachs: Pic of the day

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 15, 2009.

1. My problem is that they don't do anything good for the average American. They don't produce anything usable for anybody. Goldman Sach does not increase the standard of living for anyone else and on top of it they get rewarded for irresponsible behavior and a slap on the wrist. Whereas any smaller company would have gotten a taste of the school of hard knocks.. Not a bunch of bankers and lobbyists in government paying off congress to stay in existence. I'm really sure this is what our founding fathers wanted to see happen. Sorry that's not America.

#11     Oct 15, 2009
  2. BartS

BartS

GS is not supposed to produce shit for the average American - they're supposed to make money and they do a god damn good job doing it, level playing field or not.

Now the average American is supposed to bitch and moan because people that make money made money and he can't touch it because he's too lazy to get off the couch and do something with his life....and he's doing a fine job at that as well... :D

We're only entitled to what we deserve from our actions - 90% of people work a dead end 9 to 5 job because it's safe, never take risks - and end up on bitch boards crying about how unfair life is...

#12     Oct 15, 2009
  3. GS paid back the TARP money? You're having a laugh.
    I know they made a token payment but please...

#13     Oct 15, 2009
  4. 'They' don't care. It's not like the bonuses paid are attached with names and numbers of each recipient and made public.

#14     Oct 15, 2009
  5. FB123

FB123

Uhmmm.... it really doesn't matter. It's not hard to find out who the CEOs of these firms are.... all it takes is one nutcase, and the way that the media is stoking the fire on this topic, I would be concerned if I was running one of these firms. You don't want to be a target for pissed off stupid violent people any more than you have to.

#15     Oct 15, 2009
  6. You know how I know you don't trade? Even the little guy knows it's not a "fair" and "level" playing field. You adjust and STILL MAKE MONEY.

#16     Oct 15, 2009
  7. Nobody forces us to take the other side of their trades.

#17     Oct 15, 2009
  8. Goldman is a welfare queen, and may have not survived w/out taxpayer money.

So much for your lauded 'risk,' as the taxpayers were parlayed a ton of risk, while Goldman got to privatize profits.

In fact, no one knows how much money Goldman sucked from the public teat ala manner of AIG counterparty payments on CDSs that wouldn't have been made without Uncle Sam.

...socializing losses and privatizing profits.

#18     Oct 15, 2009
  9. Don't be mad that GS has the American dream - a business that makes a shitload of money. You want a piece of it? Become one of their clients. What, your net-worth isn't high enough? Wah wah wah. Start a business, make it successful, then come back and talk to them.

GS isn't some robotic machine - their internal mid-level directors and management CONSTANTLY fight with each other over stradegies and direction, though from what I hear it's not emotional, rather its constructive. GS rank-and-file are encouraged to speak their mind, so long as they can prove their positions with data.

#19     Oct 15, 2009
  10. if it gets that far... it wont matter how you made your money.

Checking your hands if they dont have traces of physical work and you well off will be enough to go in front of firing squad with your family.... see russia a while ago.

this guys must really believe they are beyond that....

#20     Oct 15, 2009