Goldman Sachs hires law firm to shut blogger's site

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by W4rl0ck, Apr 11, 2009.

1. All the masses would have to do is pull all their cash out of the banks. The banks are nothing with out OUR CASH.

Stop borrowing money, save then buy what you want. That will send chills down a banks spine.

The banks need us more than we need them.

#11     Apr 11, 2009
  2. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

William Black gives some precise steps to take - none of which involve starving yourself on purpose.

Although the banks may try to starve you against your will.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=160502

#12     Apr 11, 2009
  3. This guy has his work cut out for him. I"ve never come across an exposé on anything GS. If anyone has a legitimate gripe, I'd say it would be Fuld via Paulson's actions.

In one of Cramer's books he wrote about doing his IPO with GS , I was amazed how little he knew about how the system works in spite of him having worked there. Probably everyone there "Knows on a need to know" so even a disgruntled employee hasn't much to offer.

#13     Apr 11, 2009
  4. Haven't seen a mention of this except for that U.K. article like the guy says. But GS's action may give it some air - we'll see...

Isn't this what everyone warned about - the gov't (Treasury/Paulson) picking losers (Lehman) and winners (Goldman Sachs thru AIG 100 cents on the dollar CDS's)?

It's like organized fraud...except we know that never happens in gov't... :D

#14     Apr 11, 2009
  5. Goldman owns all of us, with Obama, Paulson, Summers and Co. in their hip pocket.

#15     Apr 11, 2009
  6. Cracks me up. Warren Buffett buys some GS, almost like a "good housekeeping seal" of approval. Ya know, the down home folksy guy, ahh kin smell the baked bread and apple pie in Gramma Sachs kitchen.

#16     Apr 11, 2009
  7. Agassi

Agassi

Lets all revolt. Instead of wining lets take action. You know about the old saying: "people who talk, take no action; people who act, don't talk about it". Its good that all the folks agree to one thing....i.e. GS is Austin Powers..Dr. Evil or whatever.

So i guess, all the folks here should support that guy whoever runs that website. So start calling him and contribute some funds so he can defend. I think that would be a good first step.

But then, whats next? GS is way too powerful. Like Mel Gibson says a dialogue in the acclaimed film "Braveheart" .....got to use brains to win. Question is HOW?

#17     Apr 11, 2009
  8. Why is everyone so worried? Goldman Sachs has $89 million less at the start of 09 than it did at the start of 08 in assets under management. Morgan Stanley also has lost $161 million in the same period. It's just demonstrating the inherent conflict of interest when you work with "brokers" who also "make markets" in the stocks you trade in.

#18     Apr 11, 2009
  9. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

goldmansachs666.com has had 60000 hits since he put his counter up last nite.

Not bad for a blog.

I'd say zerohedge picked up a few readers as well.

#19     Apr 12, 2009
  10. I like Denninger, but Im not sure I'm $100% clear on what he's talking about (in the latest entry on that guys blog).

GS was the beneficiary of CDS's (on who? not sure who...) and they also mey have been short AIG. Not sure I understand the problem... sounds like a smart move to me.

While I admit it would be funny if AIG sold them insurance on themselves (against AIG's default), and then GS maliciously shorted them into oblivion, I don't think anyone is proposing that that is what happened.

WTH is Denninger talking about?

#20     Apr 13, 2009