Goldman Sachs Has First Perfect Quarter With Zero Trading Loss

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, May 10, 2010.

1. because the populance is stupid, has always been, and will always be, this is the nature of this planet, you want to change it? you think you can win? instead if you think you're any smarter than the populance use it to your own advantage and make your own and your offsprings' life better

#11     May 10, 2010

2. three times the trading range with no losing days.

wtg jack@gs

no need to post that blotter anymore

#12     May 10, 2010
  3. wmb

wmb

HAHAHA yeah those bone heads 2 weeks ago sound like geniuses! Lloyd ,just get any marketing guys to work for him that are as smart as the risk department guys! The only way you have results like these is if the answers are given to you, and your right people are firckin stupid to beleive this company pr department. The audit is coming!

#13     May 10, 2010
  4. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from Ivanovich:

The only thing that is rather stunning to me is that the populace of the country continues on it's merry way allowing the corruption to continue.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lead follow or get out of the way. The leaders are corrupt and so are the followers.

#14     May 10, 2010
  5. wmb

wmb

You know its one thing to quietly captilize on the inefficiencies of these markets its another thing to frinkin put out a bulletin about how great your results are. This company is managed by the Devil and it will end up being burned by the very same devil that pretends to be its friend. I just can't get past how bold they are and arrogant. ITs almost comical!

#15     May 10, 2010
  6. Daal

Daal

Its a matter of understading what they call 'trading'. Its almost certainly not mostly related to betting on market direction(what we call trading), its more like 'services', liquidity providing, etc

#16     May 10, 2010
  7. Mitch83

Mitch83

Until you get massacred by the mob. :p

#17     May 10, 2010
  8. That really is an amazing feat!

Does anyone know what the statistical probability of that is?

#18     May 10, 2010
  9. That's a 12th sigma event...:D

#19     May 10, 2010
  10. I am short puts so I guess you can say I am biased but I felt the same when GS was being bashed when I didn't have an interest in them.

Not really, they are some of the best traders in the world with everything they need.

I know a trader on ET that has gone over a month without a losing trade and months without a losing day. To think that the best in the world with as many traders as they have can not as a whole keep from having a quarter without a losing day does not seem like that big of a deal.

To everyone in general that says they are crooked and bla bla bla you do know you make it hard to tell if your post is on ET or yahoo finance as that is the kind of ignorant crap you would read by people with jobs that are investors and not traders

I don't understand how people on a trading site can look at a successful trading company that makes tons of money and start bashing them. You should be thanking "your personal trading god" that there are companies like that and the possibilities are there for the rest of us. If there were no companies making tons of money what do you think your odds of having success would be? There are lots of really good chess players and they are really smart people I am sure but that game doesn't pay as well as this one for the same level of skill set. Spend your time trying to improve yourself and learning what others that are were you would like to be and less time bashing others and you may find your time better spent.

BTW, have you looked at their PE?? It doesn't matter if everyone loves to hate them, they make tons of money so why are you not buying the stock? This PR thing will blow over as they always do and you can be sure that when it does the price of the stock will reflect that.

#20     May 10, 2010