Goldman Sachs Changes U.S. Jobs Forecast to 250K

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Daal, Oct 1, 2009.

1. AyeYo

AyeYo

The day of reckoning may be here. It's been too long since we've had a 300+ point down day. This could get fun. :D

Oh and I loved my ETrade home screen this morning, in giant, purple type: "BUY THE DIP" LOL!!

#11     Oct 2, 2009
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Ahhhh the DIP.

Im watching s$p 1000, if it breaks that today mid 900's is going to come EXTREMELY quick.

#12     Oct 2, 2009
  3. -263k, time to rally because we can look forward to better numbers next month or maybe they will lowball it again and again it will surprise to the downside and again the market will rally because rallying off of terrible news is very bullish. All that money sloshing around with no home. :D
    ps, i tried going short today but its not working very well so far. lol

#13     Oct 2, 2009
  4. Corelio

Corelio

Let's not forget the timely removal of MSFT from their conviction buy list that helped knock down the Nasdaq pretty good. Then later afternoon they dropped the jobs report bomb...

Brilliant! Coincidence?

#14     Oct 2, 2009
  5. Daal

Daal

"The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for September was revised from
    -219,000 to -139,000"

It was initially reported as -260K(then revised to -219K). So it turns out that the 'magical' GS prediction was totally off, where is zero hedge now to claim GS gets the report in advance?

#15     Dec 4, 2009