Goldman Sachs Added Harley-Davidson (HOG) to their Conviction Sell List

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by thisisjones, Dec 17, 2009.

1. What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

#11     Dec 17, 2009
  2. spinn

spinn

A friend is selling a Harley fat boy for $22k, I think he put 500 miles on it in 18 months........dumb money intrigues me, why does it always end up with the most irresponsible??

anyone want it???

#12     Dec 17, 2009
  3. the location of the dirtbag

#13     Dec 17, 2009
  4. spinn

spinn

If that was to me i didnt say he was a dirtbag but hes in North Carolina.

#14     Dec 17, 2009
  5. no, that is the answer to the joke from page 2 of this thread.

#15     Dec 17, 2009
  6. Tide31

Tide31

They said today that the avg age of a new Harley purchaser was in his low 50's in age. Too many cool choices for x-gen. Rice rockets or Denali and the likes. Think GS may be onto something here. Nice rally from $8 low to almost $30 this year. Nothing like a Harley if you ask me though. Buy american.

#16     Dec 17, 2009
  7. Harleys will never go out of style. Almost all young guys I know who ride sport bikes plan on buying a Harley when they get older. The problem right now is that they're a discretionary item and the age group that planned on buying one just saw thier savings take a huge hit.

Goldman knows they have incredible power to affect a stocks price based on their recommendations alone. They probably wanted to bring the price down to get their clients in at a lower level. There are no laws to prevent them from issuing these bogus recommendations. I wouldnt be surprised to see the stock surge back to where it was before the end of the year.

#17     Dec 18, 2009