Goldman Hedge Fund Gets $3B Bailout

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Aug 13, 2007.

1. $2 billion

:D

#21     Aug 13, 2007
  2. If anyone out there can provide the names of the individuals who run the three hedge funds in trouble at Goldman, this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your kind assistance.

#22     Aug 14, 2007
  3. Larry, Moe, and Curly (or Shemp or Curly Joe).

#23     Aug 14, 2007
  4. Thanks for the humor, but mine is a serious question. Would like to know the names of the individuals running these funds.

I thank you in advance for any light you can shed on this. I have a particular reason for asking, and I hope someone can help!

Thanks a lot!

#24     Aug 14, 2007
  5. I wonder how this classic case of newb style "double down" worked?

#25     Nov 2, 2008
  6. pcvix

pcvix

Anyone knows how well the Global Equity Opportunities fund is faring these days?

#26     Nov 2, 2008
  7. Biog

Biog

The Financial Times has reported that Goldman Sachs has reclaimed "90 per cent of the $2bn it used to bail out" their Global Equity Opportunities Fund. The withdrawal came at the end of February. Per FT:

Goldman withdrew $1.8bn from its Global Equity Opportunities fund at the end of February, its first opportunity under a lock-up agreement made when it invested in August, according to people familiar with the quantitative, or computer-driven, fund. It wrote to investors last week to explain its decision but declined to comment on Wednesday

#27     Nov 2, 2008