Goldman Congressional Hearings

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mgookin, Apr 27, 2010.

1. GTS

GTS

Uh, you don't think the market tailspin has anything to do with S&P downgrades of Greek & Portuguese debt?

#11     Apr 27, 2010
  2. Not GS so much, though. Take note.

#12     Apr 27, 2010
  3. Nah - that was Portugal.

#13     Apr 27, 2010
  4. "Poor reputation"? You mean how big a suckers they might be?

#14     Apr 27, 2010
  5. guys, lets be honest, wasnt that exactly expected? I predicted yesterday this is gonna be a huge clown show and thats what it is. The answers of the GS guys are absolutely ridiculous, any such answers would have gotten them immediately fired by their superiors. But what else do you expect, that they indict themselves and open the can of worms. Of course not, thus I also do not understand what the purpose of this whole hearing is gonna be...

#15     Apr 27, 2010
  6. Of course...the timing of these announcements was quite eloquent...
    right in the midst of this hearing...

#16     Apr 27, 2010
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

wow ,,,,what a waste of tax payer money...they all sound like idiots...

#17     Apr 27, 2010
  8. wmb

wmb

I think this is indicative of GS ....they would hang their own frickin employees out to this comm. and ask them to explain how a trading desk operates. For what purpose? If Gs couldnt get out from under this and tried to protect these employees and failed by all accounts it appears they failed. There is no way GS survives because who the frick is going to work with them when they are being portrayed this way! What is the line on when this company goes !

#18     Apr 27, 2010
  9. and the same thing at ANY investment bank, and the US Army and anywhere else where there is people who still need to work together after such clown show,my dumb fuxx.

What issue do you REALLY have with GS?

#19     Apr 27, 2010
  10. Whats apparant is that the treatment of clients at Goldman is much more cynical in emails and where they think noone is going to discover it. Best interest of clients? "Sounds like an interesting idea"

#20     Apr 27, 2010