Goldman Congressional Hearings

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mgookin, Apr 27, 2010.

1. This Levin dude has exceeded my attention span. He has made his point; he needs to get off his soap box and commence testimony.

2. much better is Ms. Collins, who reads us history, lol. "Incredibly fragile" ",profound...", "catastrophic", "today we look into the darkest corners of this financial crisis"....the world is watching, are those elected people representing the common American man and woman? I cannot help but chuckle. What a stark contrast to how political figures speak and conduct themselves in the UK.

3. And I'm sure those people are immune from litigation for slander. It's one thing to say "the public perception is..." or "the opinion of this committee is ..." but they just outright call them criminals without even hearing the testimony.

4. What the hell kind of question is "how can you get confortable" with that asset? I don't even understand what Levin is asking or why. It makes no sense. Even the GS guy has no clue what the hell is means.

This is such a bullshit dog and pony show. There is no crime here.

When did it become a crime to short something you did your homework on?

5. Its obvious Goldman clients are to them just meat. Sparks refuses to disclose that taking the other side of a deal than your client ought to be disclosed. The shit eating "I don't know" look on his face is just high finance Sgt. Shultz.

6. wmb

wmb

I have to laugh ,does anybody know anything about any of their customers.....do they know whether or not they have a poor reputation or not jesus!

7. Sparks is stuttering - he is not doing so well. If he doesn't think the question makes sense, he should explain why and make Levin look foolish. Instead he looks like a deer in the headlights. I thought he would be smarter than that.

8. the1

the1

If you are short a crap asset and knowingly sell that same crap to a client you are committing fraud. GS is going to take the "I don't know" defense because what they are doing is so complicated.

9. you said it!

10. Shitty Deal....
    Shitty Deal....
    Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....Shitty Deal....

Sending the markets into a tailspin...

#10     Apr 27, 2010