Goldman Bonuses

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by sps_45, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Trustme

Trustme

Anyone know the median of the GS bonuses? Would be interesting....

#21     Dec 17, 2006
  2. BENG

BENG

The high bonus came from the partnership status before they went public. Back then they got back 50% of their profits.

#22     Dec 17, 2006
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

And since you have been here among us since 2001, you too based on your logic.

#23     Dec 17, 2006
  4. Over your head I see.

You completely missed the point I was making. I suggest you look up the deal and its details. There were blatant legal issues that would have been pressed had this been someone else other than GS and not part of the elite Wall Street club. There are many other examples, I am not at all talking about how the GS auto algos will eventually dominate NYSE, just like they do Nasdaq. That's a whole another issue, no, the special privilieges I speak about go way beyond simply chopping up the daytaders.

Sometimes I think I give the ET posters too much credit and feel that I do not need to spell it out.

#24     Dec 17, 2006
  5. Office Assistant 5 - 15%
    Infrastrucuture Support / IT Operations 15% to 50%
    Specialized App Support groups like GSAT 20 - 50%
    Developers 20% - 60%
    Sales Traders - 5 - 100%
    Research 50 - 200%
    Investment Banking 100 - 5000%

Enjoy!

#25     Dec 18, 2006
  6. dhpar

dhpar

what are these numbers? bonuses as a percentage of base? That would be quite low in fact....and really skewed.

#26     Dec 18, 2006
  7. sales & traders should be 5 - 10000%.

those big dog traders on their prop desks are no joke.

#27     Dec 18, 2006
  8. That's "Sales Traders" and not "Sales & Traders". All they do is take & execute institutional orders.

#28     Dec 18, 2006
  9. Hydroblunt - i do know what you are saying i think we just disagree to the extent, imo

#29     Dec 29, 2006
  10. Since when does IT operations and app support earn 50%? Research making 200%? Transfer those to sales traders, developers, and IB... those are the people that make $$$.

I am guessing WallstYouth is in IT.

Office Assistants count the money
    IT makes sure the money doesn't short circuit
    Developers program money makers
    Sales traders find and make the money
    Researchers don't make that much money
    Investment bankers IPO the money

Who is the most valuable here?

#30     Dec 29, 2006