Goldman asset management CIO Domotorffy retires after 12% loss

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by DT-waw, Sep 15, 2011.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/14/goldmansachs-assetmanagement-idUSS1E78D28Q20110914

The Global Alpha Fund is down 12 percent this year, according to sources familiar with the matter.

As a quantitative hedge fund, Global Alpha hops in and out of positions quickly and uses arbitrage strategies to heighten gains. The fund gained prominence in the boom years leading up to the financial crisis and was seen as a proxy for Goldman's market savvy, but has been riddled with losses and redemption requests since then.
    ---
    he will enjoy luxurious retirement, his kids and grandkids thanks to goofy investors who believe in GS brand like in almighty God. Congratulations!

2. Visaria

Visaria

Where is emg? I thought the "house" always wins?

3. dont

dont

pretty sure it's a she not a he

4. The adam's apple is usually the first clue. But I've been fooled before..... :eek:

5. Dogfish

Dogfish

"INDUSTRY NEWS: Goldmans are closing their Global Alpha Fund fund after the portfolio fell sharply and investors pulled out, the FT reports, citing a letter from the firm to clients. The fund, largely driven by HFT-style computer trading strategies, has seen a YTD decline of about 12 per cent to the end of August, the paper says."

They can't even make money with all their inside info and an expensive HFT system, terrible!

6. we are eagerly awaiting the details!

7. Young Gun Bunny in Germany after a Reforger excercise. Met a blonde who took an interest. So did I and it wasn't until a few more meetings at the bar that someone explained to me why she "walked like a woman but talked like a man."

Petite, slender, high cheekbones and no discernable bulge (neck or elsewhere) so I would never have guessed until the final reveal.

The sad part is that I don't even drink and still didn't know. It didn't help that he didn't speak English.

No harm done. No hard feelings (literally- "not that there's anything wrong with that!") and I will admit he was beautiful.

Couldn't admit it at the time; there wasn't even a don't ask - don't tell thing going on with DOD. Of course my fellow Cobra jocks never brought that incident up again :D

Ever notice how some trades are like a beautiful transvestite? You'd swear by looking that they are a perfect short but once things get going, you find out they are one hell of a long!