Goldman and the REDIPLUS Platform

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TM1982, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Been using REDI since 2002. No issues. GSEC or SLK....never had any issues at all.

I have nothing but good words for the product, staff, clearing and organization.

If your under 50mm you can go to an IB to get it.

#31     Jun 29, 2010
  2. How's redi in the forex spot markets?

#32     Jun 29, 2010
  3. Blotto

Blotto

I'll tell you a secret. If you are on the right side of the market this will not happen to you. It is suicidal to use your size to push a market the wrong way, and certainly not worth it to run a few retail stops.

(think about this - you get filled in size, you are wrong, you didn't work the order to get a decent price as you were trying to hit stops - you are now wrong, in size, from a terrible average price and the market will move against you - your covering will make it worse)

It will only be done when you are on the wrong side of the market, or your stop is too close. This puts it entirely in your control. Also, it is not a conspiracy. If you are wrong or you leave your stop in a silly place you are asking for it. Your platform and clearing relationships should have nothing to do with it.

No, it means you are set up as an institution - in terms of legal structure, accounting, back office etc. There will be capital minimums etc, but the point is that you are not set up as an institution. Becoming an LLC makes you as much of a financial institution as the local taco bell franchise.

#33     Jun 29, 2010
  4. Non-competitive. They offer FX only for hedging and conversions. And its truly cash, 1-1. Not a business line/crowd they are looking to capture i`m sure.

#34     Jun 30, 2010