Goldman and the REDIPLUS Platform

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TM1982, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Redi has come a long way since GS bought SLK. Very little latency, very little downtime....and they're always making upgrades. Our guys like it...

Don

#11     Jun 15, 2009
  2. Is Redi better than Lightspeed?

#12     Jun 15, 2009
  3. The upgraded version have poor, if any, integration capability with third party cahrts suchas as esignal. If you trade with any velocity, and want charts updated with a single entry in the Level II, this will be problematic for you.

#13     Jun 15, 2009
  4. REDI is dogshit. Far inferior to other platforms.

#14     Jun 15, 2009
  5. u use redi for gsec clearing, otherwise walk. commish alone will eat u alive.

#15     Jun 15, 2009
  6. nassau

nassau

Don, just a quick question? can you really trust GS period. They are run directly / indirectly by the government. They continually intervene and manipulate the market with the unlimited access to funds they have. It is bad enough trading with entities (Brokers) that are market makers and take sides against you.

I know 100 Percent.... that these entities produce software specifically to manipulate the algorithums and will push the market to create margin calls in small accounts.

ie, cl is a good example. These entities will get alerts to let them know the accounts are x percent away from margin ie 5-10 you will receive a notice and then their algorithums are manipulate to push long or short to force out their clients positions especially just prior to 2 pm through 215-230.

I would never every trust GS, they are by far imo the most corrupt, Paulson, AIG, Tarp the list goes on.

but just my humble oppinion.
    and Don for the record I do respect your oppinion and adivse you give to the traders here on elite.

w

#16     Jun 15, 2009
  7. jem

jem

nassau -

if you were to send me proof that trading houses get info on margin accounts and push the market to screw customers.

Please send it to me via PM. I promise you I will do something with it.

#17     Jun 15, 2009
  8. Redi clearing and executions are worry free and quick. i have never had problems with the platform getting sluggish and that's with at least one of almost every possible window going as well as it feeding 2 robust excel spreads AND 10 3rd party charts on the same computer.
    that said, if you want good charts, you will have to get them elsewhere.

#18     Jun 16, 2009
  9. Other than Bright, which prop firms utilize this platform?
    whats the min individual account to open with GSEC, im curious does anyone know?

#19     Jun 16, 2009
  10. FWIW, I dragged the CEO of eSignal (Chuck Thompson) back to New Jersey to meet with the Redi developers just to address this issue. They have spent months on integration, and we should have some cool "stuff" very soon.

Don

#20     Jun 16, 2009