Goldman amasses $164bn "war" chest

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Apr 15, 2009.

1. GS does not have that much and they have not netted 8-10 over the past 5 years can you show me the numbers?

#21     Apr 16, 2009
  2. fully agree. But wont you also agree that the reason this country has had such tremendous growth and prosperity is the fact that people are able to take matters into their own hands within the legal boundaries? Businessmen are allowed and even encouraged to maximize their own wealth which also lead to the prosperity of those who worked for them. Simple as that. I personally cannot bring myself about to blame those who maximized their own gains and this includes each and EVERY bank including AIG.

The guy on the street decided to overleverage himself/herself. He she signed a contract to surrender the asset if he/she cannot pay anymore. True or not? Then that those banks who got into trouble get now bailed out whose decision was it? I dont remember that banks and wall street have got legislative power to do so. It was the elective by the same common man on the street who signed off on the bailout funds. And now the very same people complain again? Hmm, maybe they should overthink whom they voted for.

I am not saying no banker is to be blamed but now having all fingers pointed to the evil financial system is absurd...

#22     Apr 16, 2009
  3. Euler

Euler

#23     Apr 16, 2009