Goldilocks week about to end - S&P to drop 15% so say GS.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Trendytrader, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Boy, I sure miss Abby Cohen... What a loss.

#11     Apr 16, 2008
  2. Yea, it's entirely impossible for a stock market to go up when actual earnings and earnings estimates come down. Never ever happened historically *cough*.

#12     Apr 16, 2008
  3. Market up huge today. No one cares what GS thinks. We're still in a bull market which began on October 2002.

#13     Apr 16, 2008
  4. pitz

pitz

The stock market is a play on the declining US dollar and lowered interest rates.

Sure the financials may go bankrupt, but I personally would trust the stock market to retain my wealth far more than I would putting it into cash with a negative real yield, or into longer-term bonds which will probably be off to slaughter sooner or later.

Liquidity amongst S&P500 firms has almost never been higher, and they're literally sitting on mountains of cash. Who cares if earnings growth doesn't materialize, at 2% Fed Funds or lower, as long as you don't pay more than 50X earnings, you're still earning a positive carry.

IMHO, you could go seriously broke by following the advice of GS and others.

#14     Apr 16, 2008
  5. Goldman hahaha what a crock, if they say this think just the opposite.

They are full of lies and deceit, they would slit they own childs throat for $$$$$$$$ they worship $$$$$$.

#15     Apr 16, 2008
  6. I heard they make bread from the blood of gentile babies.

#16     Apr 16, 2008