Goldenberg, Hehmeyer & Co. (GHCO)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Willie68, Apr 13, 2004.

1. If you want to be a trader, Food is the right answer. Look out for yourself. Take advantage of someone else's misfortune.

Nitro and Mecro are right. Food.

#21     Apr 15, 2004
  2. i've got a problem with that question.... now if it were another trader stuck on his back in the desert..well, that would be different!!! FOOD

#22     Apr 20, 2004
  3. AC3

AC3

Dont forget to first go thru their pockets (just for id of course)

#23     Apr 20, 2004
  4. my friends and I have used GHCO for our own accounts. I have no bad things at all to say about them. Very professional firm. Ed Brown and John Demartino (co-directors of customer trading) are top notch to deal with IMHO.

Also, I know some software vendors who deal with all the futures firms. When asked for their opinions, I have never had one say anything bad about GHCO. It would probably be a great place to do prop, but is very hard to get into I hear. Good luck.

#24     Apr 20, 2004
  5. tharnett

tharnett

Been in their offices to present our software a few times and met most of people mentioned in this thread. The one person not mentioned that we have dealt the with most is David Ortiz. He heads up their electronic trading division and has been good to work with so far. I think he is the guy who oversees the prop traders, as he has sat in on the class we taught their traders and seems to be the guy we have to go through to have our software used by their traders.

Trevor Harnett
    trevor.harnett@marketdelta.com

#25     Apr 20, 2004
  6. After two weeks and no call-back , it looks like I didn't get the position as a bond trader trainee. I think an Ivy League education is what will get your foot in the door. State Uni doesn't pull much weight with these guys.

Maybe I answered the turtle in the desert question wrong ? LOL

If any of you guys got hired, post what you said on the interview. I'm just curious what the their 'standard model' for a trader is :)

best
    pumpNdump

#26     Apr 26, 2004
  7. =====================
    PumpNdump;
    Maybe you got it right on turtle in desert since most turtles know where water is . LOL

There should be more than one excellant answer;
    like more than one variety of turtles.

If i wanted the positon & you said you did ;
    would sure folow it up with a green & bit of red thank you note asap.

Its only been 2 weeks;
    you have some more info on them now & most of it helpful.

:cool:

#27     Apr 26, 2004

8. My past experience with Ralph Goldenberg & Chris Hehmeyer is that they care much more about a person's "intangibles" than they do a "pedigree", i.e. where your diploma came from. Education has always been a poor predictor of trading success, and they're smart enough to know that.
    Question: Have you been sitting on your butt waiting for the phone to ring, or have you been pestering the crap out of them for the job?

#28     Apr 27, 2004
  9. I would'nt even think of hiring a trader who did'nt even call me back. Get round there - NOW

#29     Apr 27, 2004
  10. AC3

AC3

At the very least MAKE THEM tell you "No" dont let them get off that easy.......

#30     Apr 27, 2004