Goldenberg, Hehmeyer & Co. (GHCO)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Willie68, Apr 13, 2004.

#11     Apr 14, 2004
  2. AC3

AC3

Indication of charachter from someone who has worked w/ them.... def helps ...thx for the input I apprec

#12     Apr 14, 2004
  3. nitro

nitro

#13     Apr 14, 2004
  4. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

Goldenberg, Hehmeyer & Co. has been in business since 1984 as an FCM, or Futures Commission Merchant. However, a few years ago they really started to focus their attention on growing their business, and started taking on IB's, Introducing Brokers, to help obtain more retail clients. Advanced Futures used to be an IB through them. Although, at the end of January of this year GHCO took on Advanced Futures as a division. Their customer service, as well as clearing services are top of the line. If you need more personal attention or details, give me a call at Advanced Futures, anytime.

#14     Apr 14, 2004
  5. I was at GHCO for an interview a few days ago. It is an unorthodox process to say the least.

Right off the bat I was given an arithmetic quiz and not allowed to use scrap paper or a calculator. The choices were True or False. There are 50 tough questions (not 2+2 stuff) and only 5 minutes to complete it!

Next was a series of psychological questions. They go like "If you saw a turtle in the dessert flipped on its back, unable to turn itself over, what would you do and why "?

or

"What 3 key values did your parents instill in you and how have they helped you today"

Its all very subjective in my opinion, one guy might think your perfect the other not cut out for trading. This is my dream job so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

If anyone else interviewed for this hiring cycle, private message me, or post here on the board and let me know how it went!

#15     Apr 14, 2004
  6. AC3

AC3

Pls keep us up-to-date on how it works out or what the next leg of the process is .... Question: Where U interviewing for a particular "class" that they were starting (June 2004 or Sep 2004). Good luck

#16     Apr 14, 2004
  7. titan4

titan4

Everyone I know in the business always has something good to say about GH.

#17     Apr 15, 2004
  8. Unorthodox would be right. Did they really use the turtle question? It would be funny if they did. That's the question Deckered asked of a Replicant in the movie Blade Runner.

#18     Apr 15, 2004
  9. nitro

nitro

LOL!!!!

You're right :eek:

nitro :D

PS - my answer is, my desire would be to pick it up and turn it over, but I would be cautious, as that may be what turtles do to defend themselves from heat (I don't know), in which case, I would turn it over only if I could put it in the shade.

#19     Apr 15, 2004
  10. Mecro

Mecro

Hehe so whats the correct answer? Sounds like nitro has it right.

My thinking is that if you're in the desert, you're stranded, starving & and thirsty. That turtle is FOOD.

Also, what is the relevance of that question to trading?

#20     Apr 15, 2004