"Golden Arches" Project

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ElectricSavant, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Can I use the mutlibank platform you just gave me or do I need to use that link below? I only get once choice for a feed in the multibank platform...named ForexLiqudityServer...

#51     Jan 22, 2007
  2. You would have to use the link I posted for that one. Each "broker" has their own feed that goes into their "custom MT4" platform.

#52     Jan 22, 2007
  3. Here is a copy of a PM I got...

i will delete this immediatly if the sender requests...I removed all id's...

can one of you coder/backtester, "talented ones" please test/share and advise...

Thanks..

#53     Jan 22, 2007
  4. great..i hope the Demarker is there...lol This is fun!

#54     Jan 22, 2007
  5. Did you see my post from earlier??? All you have to do is post the indicators you already have into the new platform using the method I gave.

#55     Jan 22, 2007
  6. ok ...I see... thanks...I know that works I already did it once...

#56     Jan 22, 2007
  7. oh my gawd..I just walked into a candy store...55 pairs...

now if i can get that CR into MT...well then you can trade anywhere...if they have the pair...

NoTimeToSignMyNameAtThe BottomOfThisPostSavant

#57     Jan 22, 2007
  8. I am now using North Finance's feed...I will keep you folks advised as to the new pair additions and the CR usage in MT4...I am waiting for the coders to advise and I will get the CR in Metatrader...

This method should work on the "wide-spread" exotics just as well...

The correlation issue and duplicate exposure in currencies, I am working on as well...Do not discount diversification...But if your basket moves in the same direction, at the same time, there is no use in adding too many pairs...

thanks a bunch MM....I am a quick study and I hope I did not use too much of your time up...

Michael B.

#58     Jan 22, 2007
  9. No problem... Can you tell me a little about the CR indicator? I may be able to get MT4 code for it if I knew a little about it.

#59     Jan 22, 2007
  10. MM, See this link:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1335083#post1335083

Also this is what FXCM had to say about it:

Dear Michael B.,

Thank you for your interest in FXCM.

The curvilinear second order regression is like a regular regression line, but curves slightly with the price trend. FXCM programmers used the standard parameters followed by TradeStation for this tool, though it is quite rarely used.

#60     Jan 22, 2007