Gold - will it break 2000?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Daring, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Long at $1675, $100+ move up end of week.

#11     Nov 5, 2012
  2. So far so good.

#12     Nov 7, 2012
  3. I think $2000 is on the cards later this year. There was a lot of hesitation in the markets running up to the election and no-one wanted to be on the wrong side - I think now that's settled we'll see $1800 pretty quickly and after that as far as I can read it (but I'm certainly no expert technical trader - I go more or less on instincts) there doesn't appear to be anything in the way of resistance between $1800 - $2000.

The Euro and the USD will struggle on and that will push gold higher.

#13     Nov 9, 2012
  4. there's a very interesting book written by Rckards which I have mentioned numerous times on this board called "Currency Wars." He makes a little fun at Harvard economists lack of understanding of gold, and proposes a sensible argument of backing up 30% of M1 (or M3 I can't remember which) with gold, which would put GC at about $2500.

#14     Nov 9, 2012
  5. Daring

Daring

Initiated some positions today at the close.

Long EUR

Short USD

Long Gold

Long term plays

#15     Nov 9, 2012
  6. Hi Daring. What's made you go long Gold today? While I feel we're heading up to $2000 in the longer term, I think there's a lot of downside risk at the moment until we break $1790-$1800.

What's giving you the confidence now? Is it technical? I'm not so strong there, so would appriciate help to understand.

Many thanks,

Martyn

#16     Nov 10, 2012
  7. when was the last time you were ever bearish on gold? You aint nuthin but a gold bug, but a very good kind hearted one.

If gold breaks $1500 all that will be for you is a buying opportunity.

Do you guys ever sell? Or do you just hold and die?

#17     Nov 10, 2012
  8. There have been a couple of interesting videos on kitco.com in the past couple of days about this - as I understand it they are biased towards buying as they want investors to buy...

Vince Lanci states $1900 by year end: http://youtu.be/YNWgOPxnysg

David Bensimon calls $2600 by 2014: http://youtu.be/fxQcwfys5WA

Views?

#18     Nov 13, 2012
  9. I doubt you will ever see anything on tv or the internet by anybody who is a bear on precious metals.

Goldbugs, all they ever do is buy.

They will never sell

They'll ride it up and right back down again

To them it isn't an investment or a good trade

It's just another survival technique

You can't talk sense to them.

#19     Nov 13, 2012
  10. Who wouldnt want to own gold now ?????

Obama sell off going to go on for weeks and weeks...... choas in the world, money printing all around.... not good, buy some equities I guess,

#20     Nov 14, 2012