Gold vs Bitcoin

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Sprout

Sprout

As the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water,..."

We are already there with fiat.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/worlds-money-markets-one-visualization-2017/

all-the-worlds-money-infographic.png

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    #21     Jul 22, 2019
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

As I previously said BTC is an alternative to cash, just like gold is.

In your scenario of electric grids and all things electronic being shut down I suppose you then dig up your buried gold bars and lug one down to the local 7-11 to buy a big gulp huh?

#22     Jul 24, 2019
  3. Sort of......
    Only two little corrections. I will SHAVE some gold ( or silver) coins and buy a week of supplies at the BLACK MARKET.

#23     Jul 24, 2019
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

True about black market in your scenario rather than 7-11.

But rather dubious someone, other than the desperate type, would take your word that shavings are the real deal. Might have to pull out your trusty AR to convince them.

#24     Jul 24, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

In a society like that everyone would have the nitric acid test kits to test gold purity.

#25     Jul 24, 2019
  6. For now it is all speculation. Nobody can predict with 100% certainty what will happen. I believe that at the very end precious metals will come back again. But I may be wrong, who knows......time will tell.

#26     Jul 24, 2019
    SunTrader likes this.
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

Oh sure everyone lol.

No electricity, no web, no nothing ... but nitric acid test kits.

#27     Jul 24, 2019
  8. https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=236425

If you are not afraid of getting out of your "comfort thinking zone" take a look on the link above specially the comments. karl Denninger can be a big pain on the neck sometimes but he can also ( sometimes) bring some important points up. Again pay a lot of attention to the comments. Thats where some really important stuff about the situation and events which will bring cryptocurrencies and a cashless society are discussed.

#28     Jul 25, 2019
  9. Sprout

Sprout

You’re conflating bitcoin, cryptocurrencies and fiat policy all together.

The term is pre-coiner.

That website looks like it’s still stuck in the ‘90’s.

#29     Jul 25, 2019
  10. Would a "cuter" site with no content suits you better? I think I know the answer.......

#30     Jul 25, 2019