GOLD!!! UP or Down?? The top of gold mania??

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by AaronAllen, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Why not try to figure out why you weren't there when it went "maniac"?

#31     Sep 6, 2011
  2. Yep. That's all I took. That's it. No bullshit.

I woke up..Thought "wow... it was crazy last night" and got the hell out.

#32     Sep 6, 2011
  3. Re-read...I'm long gold since $959.

#33     Sep 6, 2011
  4. I don't see a post with the time you got in. I just see you saying you got in. Kinda like me saying that I bought the s&p at bottom of 09 and still holding.

Maybe you sent me the wrong link?

Help me out. Maybe I missed something.

#34     Sep 6, 2011
  5. I woke up. The market did not make any sense to me. I was expecting equities to rally sooner. They didn't.

I got out.

Then the s&p move came later. I didn't take another position in gold because I wasn't comfortable with it.

Don't bust my chops cuz I missed a bunch of the downside.

I don't trade shoulda coulda woulda.

I'll take it. F*ck.. don't tell me your gonna be here laughing when I make a move and lose some cash. Cuz let me tell you.. It will happen. And, it will happen a lot of times. If you say you don't lose trades then you don't really trade.

What I would like.. is to see some people working together. There is a lot of intelligence on this website. Gold will not go up like this forever. It would be nice if people could get together and speak productively.. .make some cash when this thing goes down. Yea. it could rally for another year or more. I don't even began to try to pretend I understand gold. This is a big beast.

I welcome good conversation. All else can find something else to do.

#35     Sep 6, 2011
  6. There's a lot of egotists on this site. Don't let 'em get you down, it was a good trade. 10 points in gold futures is a nice profit.

#36     Sep 6, 2011
  7. You are right, we all lose money from time to time in trades. But you are wrong...Gold CAN go up forever because its priced in fiat money which over time always inflates. I dont laugh because you are losing money, I laugh because you sound like so many people in here for the last few years calling a top in gold everytime it reaches a new high. They started calling the top at $600, then at $1,000, then at $1,200, then at $1,450, then at $1,600 and so on and so on.

Gold is going to $2,500 by years end (or close to it). You cant fight the central banks that are buying it right now with the paper money they are printing. You are gambling if you think you can beat them.

#37     Sep 6, 2011
  8. You could start a thread. "Inflation or deflation?" I think people might interact with you, if you try to keep an open mind. If you already know everything, then it would be a waste of time.

#38     Sep 6, 2011
  9. Gold has already priced-in hyperinflation.
    But it can't happen !! 2 reasons: wages under pressure, no housing market recovery.
    When equities recover and bond yields go back up, that will be the end of the great gold move.
    However, I don't think we'll ever see gold in the hundreds ever again.

#39     Sep 6, 2011
  10. Basically the only thing I can see killing gold & silver would be to destroy all margin in equities and commodities, and the government cut spending by 50% and paying down its debt.

And we all know that is never going to happen.

#40     Sep 6, 2011