GOLD - The Next Huge Bull Market

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by chewbacca, Sep 15, 2005.

1. SOLD!!

#11     Sep 16, 2005
  2. You sound like an ideal bagholder. believe me, i lost plenty of $$$ thinking this way.

#12     Sep 16, 2005
  3. Babak

Babak

chewy,

gold is a tired old bull and for what its worth, I take threads like these as contrarian signals. I've seen quite a number of them on other messageboards as well. Everytime gold twitches higher it happens. Look at COT and then look at where the k-ratio is. Then consider that Greenie keeps a close eye on gold and will most likely raise rates and keep on raising them as he's clearly telegraphed.

#13     Sep 16, 2005
  4. Gold is an industrial metal used mostly in jewelry
    Lost it's monetary value decades ago
    Has sat dormant for 25 years ($250 - $450)
    There is no inflation nor monetary crisis, this is pure technical action, especially without Silver participating.
    The bull market is in STOCKS

#14     Sep 16, 2005
  5. Stocks are as tired as gold, oil and commodities.

The only bull market I see is in oil if anything.

#15     Sep 16, 2005
  6. The stock bears want you to believe that
    Agree about Crude, think it has another pop in it

#16     Sep 16, 2005
  7. It's not stock bears. It's about public companies being able to keep earnings at present levels (much less increase) in the face of consistent higher energy costs, Katrina, world wide economic weakness and a real estate bubble which will at one point have to burst....

What are you looking at to be bullish on stocks ?

#17     Sep 16, 2005
  8. We've gone through this sort of earnings doubt every quarter. And, every quarter 70% of the companies outperform the estimates. Will this quarter be that fails? Actually the DAX in germany is doing very well with low growth figures.

The index charts tell me the market has far more to go on the upside.

#18     Sep 16, 2005
  9. just not today.

#19     Sep 16, 2005
  10. I disagree with you for two reasons:

First, earnings projections for the last year and half have come in better than expected, but there was good expectancy for them nonetheless....

Second, companies which used "make-up" to fix earnings to make Wall Street happy, now have to opportunity to adjust their numbers to reality and blame it on Katrina.

So future earnings imo not only are going to hampered by energy induced inflation, the storm, and other issues but also the opportunity for many companies to clean their books. That can only mean ugly earnings for the near future.

Once "sentiment" in the street turns bearish, in an environment of escalating higher interest rates, I can't see stocks being able to survive this bull run.

Don't get me wrong I believe it is possible for DOW to hit 11K as your charts also show you. But we are out of gas on this one.

This is not 1995.

#20     Sep 16, 2005