GOLD Stocks

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Handsome, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Where's Custer when you need him?

#11     Apr 17, 2007
  2. Didn't I say to short NEM @ $50 + and in the $40 + range?

It paid off

However you are right I did not expect the US$ to compete with the Russian rouble for worthlessness.

#12     Apr 17, 2007
  3. One Pound Stirling buys 2 US dollars these days highest in what 15 years +
    One A$ is .835 US highest in 17 years

So yes Gold will maintain its high US$ price for a while.

Euro - Gold is a different story. Check it out.

Having a weak US$ is annoying. Blame 'The Idiot in the White House' and his puppeteers.

#13     Apr 17, 2007
  4. Top 4 are

BVN
    GOLD
    AUY
    KGC

also check out PAAS - silver + gold

blue

#14     Apr 17, 2007
  5. PAAS is really silver, not so much gold. But since we are starting to mix the metals.

MFN is still a bit of a gem. Their properties are so good that they were able to get a convertible debt placement without any revenue or production. It may have been the first time this was done.
    Looks good as it breaks $12. Rather get it cheaper though.

CDE is traded at a discount that may be undeserved. Enter at your own risk.

TGB just broke the $3 wall, which made my day. It's pretty much a copper miner but they have a Gold property under development.

#15     Apr 17, 2007
  6. I personally never played a mining stock but I'm a silver fan and sometimes track SLW. Would like to see it cheaper below 10 and may pick up at a later date. I'd like to see silver come down in general to maybe an 11-12 spot price but don't think thats happening any time soon. My biggest blunder over the past year was not holding silver.:mad:

I'm sick to my stomach with the metals run especially with copper lately. I thought I heard an ETF coming out for copper but I personally wouldn't touch it with the race up in the last few months. Will be interesting to see how far this artificial run continues...

#16     Apr 17, 2007
  7. *BLAME* him?

LOL, not at all, Alex. I've made an absolute killing in the last year or two on the idiotic deficit spending, the selling out of American jobs to China and India, our increased consumption and dependence on imported oil, the doubling of the debt to the silly-sphereic levels, the debasement of the currency by 1/2 compared to gold, and the made up war killing and maiming many thousands just to feed his stupid ego. I'm not saying that I wished it would be that way, but idiots are just *SO* predictable, and they just keep doing idiotic things. Sadly, it will either result in our children living in poverty for their entire lives, or a complete economic collapse after the mountain of debt grows high to the sky. Its a race to the bottom and our idiots are trying to win it, LOL.

No, Alex, the one I really remember was you arguing for gold to $300's or $400's because someone was going to take seawater and filter the gold out of it. Unbelievable, and I'd bet you were just talking the best you could on your losing position, IMO.

JUST IMAGINE HOW MUCH YOU WOULD HAVE MADE IF INSTEAD YOU HAD MOVED TO THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE TRADE?

#17     Apr 18, 2007