Gold/Silver Raito

Discussion in 'Options' started by cactiman, Aug 27, 2012.

1. i like silver,but i am buying metal itself ,like canadian maple leafs,that way ,i just can;t lose ,as for slv and options -you can lose easily,because you didn;t buy any silver,THE PRICE GOING UP BECAUSE I BOUGHT REAL SILVER

#11     Aug 31, 2012
  2. i like the wizards books.. thats not clean cut when you say that.. if your 1x5 ratio backspread your net long options but still collecting credits.. funny thing is though. ever since i had less short vol trades in my book.. i have only lost money.. i'm fucking frustrated about it.. i've got a guy wiling to give me more money to trade even though i'm down 10 percent on his account.. i'll lose the frustration and stick with it to win in the long run..

#12     Aug 31, 2012

3. This week's breakout is partly because of the Silver you bought, :D
    but mostly because of all the Gold Bars purchased by the greatest trader of all time, Mr. Gordon Gekko!!!
    :p

#13     Aug 31, 2012
  4. i understand your irony,but it;s true,the price only goes up when you buy real stuff(when supply is limited)

#14     Aug 31, 2012

5. You really bought enough to move the market?
    I thought you were kidding!
    What about fees and storage, etc.?
    :)

#15     Aug 31, 2012
  6. there's millions like me and together we are the FORCE,you are no one with your slv and options(most likely freshmeat like in computer games) safety deposit box at your local bank 60-120$ a year,thats enough to move the price 2-3 times

#16     Aug 31, 2012

7. Sounds like you've played too many computer games to me...

#17     Sep 1, 2012
  8. It's the scoffers who never bother to offer any insight, analysis or information but love to criticize and demean everyone who is so stupid as to hold a different understanding no matter how well grounded in facts and logic they might be.
    from https://www.kitcomm.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

#18     Sep 1, 2012

9. I just read some of your quotes from other threads. Very uncool indeed.
    So I figure either you're doing a Troll-Goof/Double Identity thing, or you're really mixed-up and in need of lots of therapy.
    I'm no shrink, and don't care much for Trolls, so I'm just gonna hang up now. OK?
    Bye.

#19     Sep 1, 2012
  10. Options trading is simply betting that you know more than all the experts in the world, with all the top tools and best information. You're betting on the next expiration's volatility movement. In the good old days, and still "ok" today, you can sell near term, but far outs, delta neutral, and roll over as the first expiry gets close, or let them go out worthless. The near terms go out worthless much of the time, but the 6 month or so far outs will hold some of their value, you sell the 1 month, then the 2 month etc. Won't work all the time, but not a bad way to play, if you insist on trading options. IMO.

Don

#20     Sep 1, 2012