Gold/silver A Bubble - Yes Says...

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by andrasnm, May 10, 2006.

Will The Bubble be OVER in Metals?

1. YES

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. NO

28 vote(s)
    75.7%
  1. hi. well, i am seeing info -mercials on buying gold and silver. if i could just find a shoe shine boy to confirm.lol. i have gold stock that i bought yrs ago but trade gold/silver just intra-day.:)

#11     May 11, 2006
  2. contango

contango

Silver has traditionally tended to lead gold. It is historically far more responsive to supply/demand factors, being much more of a consumable commodity. Therefore in a 'safe' political environment without outside influences, gold has tended to follow silver's lead...

#12     May 12, 2006
  3. Yes, they are the most important Gold and Silver dealer at least in Germany since Degussa left that business and focussed on chemistry. Maybe Heraeus is 150 years old, but I doubt Helmut has 150 years of experience :p .

#13     May 12, 2006
  4. An article I read from gold-eagle (although biased towards gold) mentioned that the peak of $850 does not take into account inflation since 1979. Inflation adjusted would come to $2000 as the peak. I'm not saying this is applicable since the market psychology is still $850 peak and this is a very strong ceiling.

I personally think we have about 40% more room to go up in gold prices.

Once this thing breaks $750, $850 is where we're headed.

#14     May 12, 2006
  5. contango

contango

Yup, I'd treat any correction as an opportunity to buy but I can't justify getting into gold at current prices. However, platinum and palladium look in far better position to run still. Problem is that these are less liquid and not led by the masses (ETF buying) as gold and silver now are.

#15     May 12, 2006
  6. thank you

#16     May 12, 2006