Gold Ripe For Pullback?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by rodden, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Rodden,
    What are your favorite Canadian gold pennies?

Everyone....
    Resistance seems to be effective so far in the $410 area...but it doesn't show any sign of weakening. Given the past few weeks....think we are going higher? Thoughts?

Who is the best gold broker out there to take physical possession? I would like to take a small in-hand position.

TNX!
    BC

#31     Dec 28, 2003
  2. lescor

lescor

I got into trading 10 years ago with gold exploration penny stocks on the Vancouver exchange. It was a game full of hucksters and sham artists, but if you knew how to play along, you could make a ton of money. That is, until the greatest bear market to ever hit that sector happened after the Bre-X scandal, collapse of gold prices and the dot com bubble, which sucked so much capital into the nasdaq.

But these promoters and their shell companies have been biding their time and I think their virtuous moment is now here. The retail investor is interested in these penny stocks again and the companies are having no trouble raising money.

For 2004, I'll be getting back into this game (been out since '97). One great source of information that I relied on was the newsletter published by John Kaiser (http://www.kaiserbottomfish.com/s/Home.asp). I'm going to subscribe again to get up to speed with who's who. He does a ton of preliminary research on a lot of companies and the subscription is a bargain. A lot of free info on his site, well worth a read if you are interested in these plays.

#32     Dec 28, 2003
  3. Lescor.
    Thanks for the link.

I about died laughing at his tongue in cheek prod to those that turn their nose up at the TSX by his comment....

"Our philosophy is to do 90% of the work for you, but you are responsible for the final 10%. Because our focus is exclusively speculative ventures, every company featured on this site has a high degree of uncertainty which could result in a security becoming worthless. These are not investment grade blue chips like Worldcom, Enron, Nortel, and Air Canada."

Heh...my kind of guy.

Very good and sensible philosophy in his other writings...

#33     Dec 28, 2003