gold red. whats the target if this blows over

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by stock777, Oct 10, 2008.

1. How owned are the gold freaks . Most losing money in the metal and getting KILLED in the miners.

The crowd is never right

#21     Oct 16, 2008
  2. miners torn a new one today.

so much for safe haven

#22     Oct 16, 2008
  3. Gold miners falling again now the gold bugs are calling manipulation. Sucks when price isn't going their way so it must be manipulated.

#23     Oct 16, 2008
  4. Dow futures are looking bleak...Rally on the gold?

#24     Oct 17, 2008
  5. Gold sank big time today (almost 16 points as I write this). Gold is going down whether the indexes go up or down. It's almost as if the Gold speculators know the indexes are going to rally and they're leaving gold.

There is no way I'd go long on gold. I'm short from 900 and not looking back.

#25     Oct 17, 2008
  6. Cutten

Cutten

Yeah, gold trades like crap recently. On stock declines it doesn't rally much, on stock rallies it gets killed.

I'm short, and it's traded so nicely I think I really ought to add to my position.

#26     Oct 17, 2008
  7. Cutten

Cutten

When a market can't rally on good news, it's heading lower.

#27     Oct 17, 2008
  8. I usually pick my short positions of support on a 5 minute chart. I find gold will form a double or triple top on a 5 min chart and I try to short at that level.

The past few days have been trending down. So I'm not sure how to add on but I'd love to. So I looked at the daily and it's extended a bit. So I was thinking I'd wait for a pullback on the daily chart and then go short.

Gold has held up much better than silver (see chart). So I think there is a good opportunity here. The question is is Gold going to follow silver or is silver going to follow gold? I'm still undecided on this one.

[​IMG]

• gold.png
      File size:
      14.9 KB
      Views:
    #28     Oct 18, 2008
  9. Silvers a joke.

Hunt brothers are dead.

[​IMG]

#29     Oct 20, 2008
  10. sumosam

sumosam

gold is at a double bottom...at support. may likely see a pop up to $800 or even $850....hope this happens as it would be a great short entry.

see gold at $600 and usd at 87.

not sure if this is the time to enter a short

#30     Oct 21, 2008