Gold/Platinum - Shorting Now

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Palindrome, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Palindrome

Palindrome

great spot to short in my opinion for some gains this week...right now

I would love to see this start to sell again tonight

2. Trader13

Trader13

3. That is an awesome chart Trader13! How far can you run that comparison back? I'm curious how they've done versus one another from waaaaay back. I know the industrial use of gold is pretty low. Not sure about platinum. Not that such is necessary compelling (clearly is not in the case of gold). Thanks!

4. Trader13

Trader13

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic about how awesome that chart is? But assuming you're serious and just express yourself with joyful enthusiasm ... there is a slider below the chart you can move left or right to change the days of history used for comparing relative performance.

Note that the OP is referencing a ratio spread. So if you actually trade this spread, then you'll need to be cognizant of how to weight each leg to match your spread chart analysis.

5. Palindrome

Palindrome

I'm not shorting the spread. I'm shorting both Platinum and Gold. My time frame is relatively short, cover by the end of the week

6. Trader13

Trader13

Oh, you meant shorting Gold & Platinum, not Gold/Platinum.

In any case, good luck with your trade. If USD moves up this week, you'll probably have a nice profit.

7. maxinger

maxinger

down it goes.
    Wonder how low it will go.

in fact, AUD EUR GBP also going down.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  8. Palindrome

Palindrome

Yeah, I can never tell how long it will go. Should be a good sized move though.

9. maxinger

maxinger

Interestingly, the Americans didn't react strongly to the fomc meeting minutes.
    the Asians reacted to it and USD strengthened.

Let's see if the Europeans are keen to push gold price further down.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  10. themickey

themickey

Good call if you are still in short. Are you?

#10     Aug 23, 2018