Gold....Perhaps Another Bubble....

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by libertad, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Badly written and researched article.

1) No inflation. LOL yeah ok. I have yet to see prices for any vital good fall, they only rise. And it's not like there is trillions of cheap money being pumped into a stalling economy

2) CRB index comparisons. They are weighd down by oil. Oil itself is not expensive, it is the refining which is the issue.

3) Paper gold & physical gold are two markets that are moving away from each other. Most gold buyers will never look past GLD. I think many will end up realizing they hold worthless gold contracts & shares.

Where gold will move down in value is versus food, water, electricity & medical. But not versus fiat currencies.

#11     Feb 19, 2009
  2. S2007S

S2007S

GOLD is not in a bubble, Gold should be at 1500-2000 at this very moment, if it were at 2500+ I would be calling it a bubble, however its no where near a bubble.

#12     Feb 19, 2009
  3. Another perspective.

GC up roughly 39% since November with no real pullback too speak of.

Maybe not a bubble...but a lil frothy here.

Only two things can happen from here.

A double top defended at the grand mark and she rolls ala all the other metals. Or a total blow out and it doubles. I dont care either way.

For more insight do some research on how many cars are actually taking delivery. Less than 1% last I heard.

#13     Feb 19, 2009
  4. So you have long positions in gold?

#14     Feb 19, 2009
  5. If gold goes to 2000 you'll be dead at the hands of the same scum you gave mortgages to.

#15     Feb 19, 2009