Gold - on cusp of massive bearmarket :)

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by deadbroke, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Give it a rest with the parasitic inducements to your website, Mr. sponsor. Sell your wares elsewhere, please. Not interested in anything you have to offer by inference or otherwise.

have a nice day

#41     Aug 25, 2010
  2. bone

bone

I'm not the one making bold pronouncements to the world about Gold falling off a cliff, and then getting drunk and posting more nonsense. Deal with it.

#42     Aug 25, 2010
  3. No change in my thinking - same as what I've outlined in the opening posts of this thread.

So will wait for the likely SHORT.

Still feel that Gold is in a terminal upwave since the July 28, 2010 low.

#43     Aug 25, 2010
  4. bone

bone

That's fine, more power to you - but no need to resort to personal attacks when things don't work out for you. We have a difference of opinion - you want to time the market, and my preference is to let the market show me where it wants to go before I risk capital. I believe that my approach has better risk/reward skew, but to each his own and that is certainly a topic for legitimate debate. There's a tendency on ET for someone to start a thread with a bold, macroeconomic statement about a market going up or down, and then the poster gets very aggitated with personal attacks when the inevitable happens. Market timing is a very tough hombre. The time horizon and capitalization reserve bocomes the deciding factor for the strategy.

#44     Aug 25, 2010

5. >>>>> Gold (and by extension other physical commodities) has replaced fixed income as a 'flight-to-quality' instrument and a favorite place to park cash. <<<<<<

I took this from your previous post, bone. Do you stand by this statement?

#45     Aug 25, 2010

6. Hahahaha, your pronouncements are equally loud but in the opposite direction and in line with the HERD which at ET numbers how many thousand? :)

Can't tolerate just one guy who wants to go the other way? Its not like you have a shortage of fellows who think like you.

#46     Aug 25, 2010
  7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

No herd, no shepard. Herds make trends happen. You need us & we need you ;)

#47     Aug 25, 2010
  8. bone

bone

Sure, go ahead and take that statement completely out of context in order to make a point about you market timing gold. Gold's been a buy since August 4th, and at some point that trendline gets taken out with one or two solid closing marks below that trendline. You make a bold, macroeconomic call by starting a thread on a website. You're saying gold is a short and I'm saying that I'll leave that up to the gold market to tell me. Difference of opinion. Monster difference in capitalization requirements and risk/reward skew.

#48     Aug 25, 2010

9. Fair enough, so if its OK with you, why don't you state some more or all of your reasons for your stance on Gold, including targets etc. ?

>>>> you want to time the market, and my preference is to let the market show me where it wants to go before I risk capital <<<<

but that is exactly what investors have been doing for aeons and getting burned - 95% of them anyways :) :D

#49     Aug 25, 2010
  10. bone

bone

Well, I sincerely hope you're one of the successful 5%.

#50     Aug 25, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.