Gold moving higher. Expect more GLD buying on testimony from Bernanke.

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by brownpenny, May 22, 2013.

1. da-net

da-net

I am very curious about your view. Since you are acquiring the metal and stocks, I would think your long term view is the driving force.

For arguments sake, let's say that you believe your payoff window is 3 years.

How did you decide your strategy? Why are you not using long term commodity contracts vs the metal outright? Did you consider any other plays? Why take a position in stocks of miners instead of just increasing your metal holdings? Are you adding to your metal holdings on the pullback?

#11     Jun 16, 2013
  2. Record shorts in Gold. Be prepared when they will run for the exit.

#12     Jul 5, 2013
  3. Read a rumour by someone who had been at IMF that money again will be backed by precious metals. Globally i guess.

See if i can find the article.

#13     Jul 5, 2013
  4. Here she is!

"I had the opportunity yesterday to speak with one of the western world’s most courageous and astute women, Karen Hudes, Former Senior Counsel to the World Bank—now turned whistle-blower.
    A pending currency transition which will highly favor precious metals.

All of the countries of the world are going to allow precious metals to serve as currency, and this will be an underpinning for paper currency, as we’ll have both systems at the same time.”

http://www.silverdoctors.com/world-...erve-as-an-underpinning-for-paper-currencies/

#14     Jul 5, 2013
  5. elisab

elisab

Western central banks won’t be very happy to see their gold reserves massively devalued with this amount of debt to be covered; let’s say that gold is good as a warranty for the credit rating agencies.

#15     Jul 16, 2013
  6. #16     Jul 16, 2013