Gold Market

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by gartley222, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Ignore the COT report and pay more attention to the trend.If gold breaches the $400 level and stays there,stocks will double from here and then some.When you're kicking yourself for not getting involved,you'll see how wrong you were.Just in case,BGO,EGO,CDE,CBJ,WHT,NXG and GBN.

#21     Nov 18, 2003
  2. Eugene

Eugene

you mean gold stocks , right Hollywood?

#22     Nov 18, 2003
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Repeat after me - Gold is a weak dollar story.

#23     Nov 19, 2003
  4. Yes ,stocks are what I'm referring to.Currently the only gold stocks that are'nt moving are South African ADR's like DROOY and GFI because the appreciating Rand has a direct negative effect on the earnings of those companies.

#24     Nov 19, 2003
  5. right-o. and when they're selling, it's time to buy (or at least to think about it).

#25     Nov 19, 2003
  6. Babak

Babak

and this prediction is based on :confused:

#26     Nov 20, 2003
  7. whoops.sorry Babak.I did'nt mean to leave you hanging .Its not a prediction, it would only be a repeat of history.In '96 , when gold was $420,BGO rose from $2 to just under $10 as the metal rose from the mid $300 range.BGO now has substantially more interests and income.CDE reached a high of $31 , but silver was $7 an ounce then.From my experience in the early 80's and the mid 90's in the gold sector, I would think that its reasonable to expect that gold stocks will perform relatively similar to past performances.In this event, I maintain that if gold breaches the $400 barrier and stays there ,these stocks will double and then some.Its rapidly becoming an earnings story.Most of the major producers sport PE's in the 15-25 range.And its top line growth, none of this, layoff,costcutting, only have the janitor come in every other day kind of earnings that the street seems to find so exciting.On a comparitive valuation basis, gold stocks are dirt cheap compared to stocks on the major index's.

#27     Nov 23, 2003
  8. Are any of you guys adding?

I nibbled yesterday, nibbled bigger today. Any thoughts on how much lower we go?

#28     Jan 15, 2004
  9. Im flat now. Going to wait at least a month or two before doing anything.

#29     Jan 15, 2004
  10. m22au

m22au

Waiting for further declines before adding to both metals. I've already got enough if I don't get the buying opportunity I am expecting.

#30     Jan 15, 2004