Gold Long for a Swing?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by NoVoodooHere, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Gold had certainly and deservedly been falling, sharply s in the last 2 weeks down to a previous low. Suddenly a high-visibility terrorist attack leads to uncertainty as to future geopolitical landscape.

So does the risk-off vibe that one might expect overcome the decided selling in gold in anticipation of a U.S. Federal Reserve rate hike?

Anybody taking this trade?

2. Calling a bottom are we

3. No not at all, just looking for an opportunistic scalp (should have titled "scalp" instead of "swing").

Not a believer in gold, you can't eat it after all, and I find bling, well, ugly!

4. xandman

xandman

5. Gold has always had value... Not being able to eat it is a bad argument

6. Chubbly

Chubbly

I would argue that Silver has more industrial uses than gold

i960 likes this.
  7. Gold and silver through the distillation of preference through a very long amount of time has been considered Money more then any fiat paper...

8. LOL gold bugs were quick to hijack this thread?

Yeah well, like I said you can't eat it; and why is that relevant?

...Because in post-apocalyptic fantasies of many a gold hoarder... in the unlikely event that this day were to come to be... bartering for essential items with gold... They'd look at you like you have a dick growing out of your forehead :D

Whatever guys, as long as the trade works, that's all I care about, and it is now squarely risk free for me :cool:

PS: For the modern-day hoarder, there is bit-coin, it's just more cool.

Money Trust and cdcaveman like this.
  9. Cswim63

Cswim63

Ya know, I was just a lookin at the charts thinking the same. Just closed short gold scalp and all short currencies against USD. Last night's action wasn't that bullish for gold but came into this am long USD esp. against euro. Just staying out right now after a long and now obvious trend. Looking for signs of strength in gold.

10. Cswim63

Cswim63

Actually you can eat it but its probably not very nutritious--Swimr

#10     Nov 16, 2015