Gold is going to get hammered

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by spersky, May 7, 2008.

1. spersky

spersky

Gold is going to get killed in the Euro markets, and in the U.S. markets tonight and tommorow. The Dollar is on a tear right now against the Euro.

Mark my works. Get your shorts in now. I think the next stop most likely tommorrow is 840.00

Good luck

BTW, I am short 3 Contracts. So I do not make predictions and do not trade.

2. yea right,

I'm selling gold to buy dollars..why?

3. spersky

spersky

Recently,

Gold has been following the dollar strength very closely. I am not calling the end to Gold forever. I am just saying we will see some serious downside in Gold before it starts to recover again.

Short and intermediate term is very bearish for gold.

4. PaulRon

PaulRon

hey spersky

gold help up very well at 866 when the EUR/USD spiked down to 1.5285. I'm short-term BULLISH on gold

long @ 866.9
    T/P 875
    S/L 866.9

will scale in shorts soon

5. ssbc19

ssbc19

I think it's interesting that I was to short the GLD on 3/18 and 3/19 on TOS, but now it's "Hard to Borrow"

6. spersky

spersky

Hey Ronpaul,

The fact that Gold went down with skyrocketing Oil today is very ominous. I believe that the strong Dollar will be the catalyst for a Gold selloff in Europe/ and USA.

I have been noticing that the Markets in Asia/ India prop up Gold alot during this time in the night. Indian is finishing up with their huge 2 day holiday where there is a lot of gold buying.

7. spersky

spersky

Well I was wrong. My stop got hit one contract at break even.

I am still short 2 contracts.

8. PaulRon

PaulRon

arggh got stopped out overnight just barely... will short at 890 and double down at 910 if necessary.