Gold is going to correct further, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by GlobalFinancier, May 15, 2006.

Is gold going to correct further?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    46.0%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. I don't know

15 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. Don't you know what a trend is, you top-picking *$$#%$@#

13 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Where are all the Black Tuesday people?

#11     May 16, 2006
  2. big time... gold is dead... and as soon as china coughs over its staggering npls and attempts to firesale its massive stocks of empty buildings, so much for construction... the rest of metals follows...

#12     May 16, 2006
  3. #13     May 16, 2006
  4. gold went mini-parabolic.

the big question is now: Is the parabolic move over or is this a "natural reaction" in Jesse Livermore's term's?

I'll leave it you your learned discretion to determine if at this stage you want to hop onbaord of a parabolic move.

Maria

#14     May 16, 2006
  5. Gold seems like another bottom intraday, WHEN WILL THIS END?!

#15     May 16, 2006
  6. 689 intraday bottom upside shortterm.

#16     May 16, 2006
  7. Of course an option model is not going to be perfect in predicting the future distribution of prices. That's why they call it a model.:)

But if one wants a ballpark, I'd go with implied volatility of the options over historical.

#17     May 16, 2006
  8. menelaus

menelaus

Buy strangles and get paid, gold will make a big move either continuing it's speculative move up or it will sharply correct, this is almost certain.

#18     May 16, 2006
  9. Not that anyone cares, nor should they care, but I closed out my June gold short (sold on Friday) and went long. If gold breaks 685, I am back short. If that happens, then the real correction may begin.

#19     May 17, 2006
  10. *Shrugs* I feel queasy now :p, perhaps because I wanted to pick a top but it was only short term and had to call a bottom only 3-4% later. Gold's trend is too strong......

EDIT: A break above 720 would be confirming the bull, as the that is the right shoulder on the intraday H&S.....

#20     May 17, 2006