Gold is finished

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by ChkitOut, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Specterx

Specterx

Worst call ever.

But quite frankly I hope it comes true and gold does see 1500 or whatever, the market doesn't always give such second chances.

#51     Aug 9, 2011
  2. what r u talking about i made the call @ 1670, give me a break thats a 4% move in a 10 year!!!!!!!! 700%%%%%%% bull, calm down.

im sure most et'ers pick exact tops and bottoms at 10 year cycles..

you people disgust me.

#52     Aug 9, 2011
  3. dave74

dave74

This is hilarious. Gold is gonna hit 2000 EASY.

I'm shocked people don't see this.

It's becoming the world's de facto currency.

Not only that, but gold is a play on China and India, which are two biggest consumers of gold.

#53     Aug 9, 2011
  4. clacy

clacy

I'm long GLD, but I'm starting to get very nervous here. I've gotten out previously when it looked "toppy", much to my chagrin. But I'll likely get out soon or at least lighten my load in the next day or two.

#54     Aug 9, 2011
  5. Sorry...ET date and time stamps your post. You posted Gold was finished on august 2, at 7:51pm GMT (which is 11:51am pacific time) Gold was around $1625-1630 when you made that call.

#55     Aug 9, 2011
  6. I have found that whenever you "hope" a derivative goes a certain way, it never does. (or in some cases if it does do what you want and you buy at $1500, it keeps going down until you sell before it goes back up.)

I have found that as long as I dont trade on hope, I dont lose money.

Barrack Obama is a perfect example of what happens when people trade on hope. :)

#56     Aug 9, 2011

7. Mate the thing is gold's tick-by-tick value is HUGE!!

If you had made this call on ftse yeah no1 would really care if you were off by a few hundred points,
    as ftse has a tiny yearly range of just a few hundred points anyways,
    so being 250points off wouldn't really be a huge deal as you would only be at a 250point loss.

However gold has 10ticks per every 1dollar move, and has a weekly/monthly range of 250-300dollars.
    Which is a 2,500 - 3,000ticks range per month.

Lets say gold's daily range is merely 2%, that is still 30dollars daily range, which is 300ticks.

And so if you call the top in gold even 1day soon you would be at a loss of 300ticks after just 1day!!

#57     Aug 10, 2011
  8. #58     Aug 10, 2011

9. I'm telling you, we are only a few dollars from the top. Mark it down!!!! :D :cool: Tomorrow I expect a full retrace of todays bar.

This parabolic nonsense is trapping in bulls to provide the fuel for the rocket down! Admittedly, I was about a week early, no biggie. :)

#59     Aug 10, 2011

10. end of message.

#60     Aug 11, 2011