Gold instead of t bills

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by guy990opl, Jun 10, 2008.

1. If I am bullish on gold at least for the long term, I would buy GLD. However I was wondering if instead of GLD I could buy GO ( comex ) on the futures market or something similar. Is GO it the same thing as buying GLD ?

I ask because I just opened an account with Man Financial and instead of the t-bills I would like to buy gold or even silver since I am bullish for the long term of 2 years or more.

I am just not sure what are my options when it comes to futures. Is it possible to buy gold in my future account instead of t-bills ?

Any opinion is very welcome

Thank You

2. gnome

gnome

If you're talking about using some sort of gold instrument as margin collateral, I doubt they'd let you.

3. Why not ? I placed 110k with Man Financial, I wanted to use 80 k as a collateral who cares if it is in t bills or gold ?

4. gnome

gnome

Because the value of gold and gold instruments are subject to fluctuation.. including down. T-Bills are not subject to decline except during their duration if sold before maturity.... and even then only a small decline. (Even T-Bills are valued with a 5% haircut.)

5. ssss

ssss

6. ssblack

ssblack

Is this a serious question?

7. ssss

ssss

3. If you experienced (only in this case!) ,you can try buy debit spread with
    low margin /untill 5-10) and 100 % in the money in time of opening position

Your respectfully

#############
    ###############
    buy long term

Thank You
    ###############
    ################
    Att: Moderator

That was not included in original posting of the author ...
    Any virus ?

autor not discussed in any posting any market direction
    ####################################

Only matter of broker's ,legal ,game theory and statistic

Your respectfully

8. Daal

Daal

I believe you can do this on IB. you could even use CFC common stock as collateral, there is a haircut of course