GOLD has topped !

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by EmAy, Aug 10, 2006.

1. His last post was in October. Since then, he's been living in a shopping cart under the underpass without internet connection.

#131     Jan 14, 2008
  2. bigjock

bigjock

I agree...until the Fed stops printing money, and how the hell can it since it has put itself into a total corner, gold is shooting higher.

#132     Jan 14, 2008
  3. dozu888

dozu888

it's amazing to me that we are in the 21 century, the internet age, when people still put value on some useless metal.

you can not eat/sleep in gold. it's only worth as much as the next fool is willing to pay.

something that carries a yield is a much better and TRUE hedge.... like farm land, timber land, rental house etc.

#133     Jan 14, 2008
  4. What about those little gold coin things in your Easter basket? mmm

#134     Jan 14, 2008
  5. stocks are just useless paper but if you buy them you can sell them at a higher price perhaps.

Does not matter if gold is just a metal (which it is not) or if stocks are just paper(which they are not), all that matters is that it has value which is recognized all over.

#135     Jan 14, 2008
  6. bigjock

bigjock

Bit like every other asset then eh?

Not 1 single fiat currency out of the thousands tried in history has ever failed to collapse...and the current systems will be just like all the others...

its rarely different this time is a lesson people rarely want to learn.

#136     Jan 14, 2008
  7. dozu888

dozu888

I am not against the necessity of inflation hedge... see my post. I am suggesting stuff with real value, instead of perceived value.

#137     Jan 14, 2008
  8. Oh so, Gold is being valuable. Am glad that I am not married and especially to Asian women who love Gold. :D

Pity the Asian men, who need to buy the Gold :p and am jealous of those who already have the Gold. :(

#138     Jan 15, 2008
  9. the same can be said of the useless rectangular iou's that you consider the us paper dollar

#139     Jan 15, 2008
  10. --->Not a liquid asset.

---->Not portable.

---->Not easily hidden from the gov't, stupid lawsuits, etc.

---->Not a barter-able asset in Mad-Max type civilization collapse.

---->You have to pay property taxes and upkeep.

----->You have to work and perform other hassles in order to collect that 'yield'. You can't simply stash it somewhere and forget about it until a rainy day.

------>Yo, I had my dentist hook me up wit 'farm land' fronts grillz, but all the homeys laughed at me.

#140     Jan 15, 2008