Gold "Gone Wild" Where does it end? $2,000.00?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by increasenow, Nov 3, 2009.

1. found out $1,800.00 for overnight margin for mini gold...cool

#41     Nov 6, 2009
  2. It means that you've totally missed my point. Yes, they're always buying and selling. The point was that they are now buying less than they were before relative to their selling. You claim your anecdotal experience vis a vis the Cash 4 Gold shops is different than mine. Fine. But I stand by my observations.

Read the thread again. No need for me to repeat myself. If you choose to dismiss the indicators and divergences that I've already discussed, that's your prerogative. My assessment stands.

As to your assertion of rapid money supply growth, you are plain wrong. Yes, a ton of new money has been injected into banks, but as long as it does not make its way into the economy via lending, it is not truly inflationary. Banks have been hoarding all the money to shore up their balance sheets because of all the losses and writedowns they've been taking on bad loans and portfolios blowing up. If and when they start lending it out and it makes its way into the hands of consumers, then you'll see a true inflationary explosion. Simply looking at just the money supply measure isn't enough. Look at the velocity of money. It's slowing down.

Given all the deflationary headwinds still at work, all this hand wringing over the death of the dollar is premature to say the least. It will collapse in due time, but this is just the warmup act, and I do believe the indicators are telling me the ol' greenback's got at least one more surprise rally before it gives up the ghost.

#42     Nov 6, 2009
  3. Guess whatever you want. I'm laddering into short positions on the Euro now. That's all you need to know. We'll see how it plays out, won't we?

#43     Nov 6, 2009
  4. Yes I am, money supply is actually shrinking. Thank you for setting me straight.

#44     Nov 8, 2009