Gold gold gold!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jerry11901, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Quark

Quark

A few minutes with Google, which you also could have used to correct your "impression", yielded this site:

http://www.conservativeusa.org/eo/fdroosevelt.htm

Click on order 6102. I linked the entire list so you could give yourself a history lesson about the "great" FDR, who used a crisis to dramatically expand the control and size of government. While you're at it, please review 6556 and 6560, and don't miss 6814 confiscating silver in 1934.

Now as to the official price of gold in 1933, it was $20.67. See http://www.measuringworth.com/gold. Leave the US Official Price checked and put in whatever date range you want to cover 1933.

For theories about gold as it relates to monetary policy, there's probably no better site than that of the master at http://www.mises.org.

#21     Sep 2, 2007
  2. #22     Sep 7, 2007
  3. #23     Sep 7, 2007
  4. you're taking it up the ass because you think you see something that no one else sees....

listen to what the gold market is saying....since no one else is

#24     Sep 7, 2007
  5. I am going short gold and oil; cause; the bad NFP number; of course start from samll; just test the water.

#25     Sep 8, 2007
  6. I think you are a fool.

They can always print you some more dollars, but they can't print you any gold or oil.

#26     Sep 8, 2007
  7. Oil is a great short now into winter. See you at $55 a barrel in Dec. The last 3 years has worked.

#27     Sep 8, 2007
  8. I'd watch the oil stocks before shorting oil futures. They usually tank before the underlying does, not vice versa. E.g. in 2006 the OIH came crashing down with crude still trading at $70 and everybody was scratching their heads how stupid the equity traders were. Then over the next couple months all the way into winter CL imploded in price.

This week, oil stocks was among the strongest sectors. Actually it has been a leading sector all year. Is that a double top in the OIH chart? Did XLE make a lower high Friday? I have no idea, the next 3-4 weeks will hold the answers. Once these two ETFs come crashing down say good bye to CL.

#28     Sep 8, 2007
  9. From my observation; if CBs wouldn't want to raise interest rate; and worry about inflation; the best way is dump gold into the market to suck up existing liquidities; beside the bond price is out wacky high.

The current high oil price has driven the inflation upward for past couple of years; once fed cuts rate; the carry trade will unwind; yen goes through the roof; you will see oil price goes lower before USD tanks more.

Long Yen; and short gold/oil. Of course; I wouldn't get ahead the market; just test water.

#29     Sep 8, 2007
  10. To dump gold would be the same as buying dollars.

TIC numbers say that the central banks are now dumping dollars the past couple months.

Which ones? Wait till November to see.

#30     Sep 8, 2007