Gold Futures traded in What exchanges?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by cml2949, Aug 1, 2007.

1. cml2949

cml2949

Hi, its been a long time since I've posted, but there have been some great posts lately.

But does anybody know in what exchanges gold futures trade in other than Chicago Board of Trade, Nymex's Globex, and Dubai? It could include WORLD markets as well. My research has only gotten me so far

Thanks ahead of times

2. MGJ

MGJ

The Market Factsheet from CSI Unfair Advantage says:

[​IMG]

And that's just the futures. There are also the forwards, such as are traded at the LME.

3. cml2949

cml2949

Perfect just what I was looking for thanks! Does it happen to show the daily volume?

4. MGJ

MGJ

No, CSI's Factsheet shows the 1-year average of Total Volume. Total Volume is the sum of all trading volume of all contracts, both front-month and back-month(s). You'll have to visit the websites of the various exchanges and download recent daily volume data for individual contract months. But you need to do that anyway, to get the trading hours, contract size, min tick value, currency denomination, exchange symbols, margin information, and so forth.

5. cml2949

cml2949

Absolutely! Thanks for you insight.. I'm just looking to see where there is more volume for gold futures other than comex and cbot.

6. zdreg

zdreg

why is india not included in the above list?

http://www.mcxindia.com/Gold_apr07.pdf

7. MGJ

MGJ