Gold Futures dropped almost 3% since Feb. 24, 2020

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by congrats, Feb 28, 2020.

1. congrats

congrats

NASDAQ futures vs Gold futures chart comparison since Jan. 1, 2020

Gold futures seen to be dropping since Feb 24, 2020....... seems there is no need to worry about Corona-virus???

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 12.01.22 AM.png

2. guru

guru

Or people who worry about Coronavirus don't worry about owning gold when they're dead...

3. congrats

congrats

hahaha.....

4. congrats

congrats

It's interesting that since Jan.1st 2020, both Gold and Nasdaq futures rallied.
    • Gold futures rallied by almost ~ 7%.
    • Nasdaq futures initially rallied but then dropped by ~ 6%

5. danielc1

danielc1

This more common since the last ten years. All assets move almost correlated. It is now more a risk on or risk off environment then an asset allocation environment.

congrats likes this.
  6. Reason I'm hearing from someone who knows better than me is that people being margin called are having their gold liquidated first since that is more liquid and then they get rid of whatever stocks are still underwater later. So once the margin calls are done, you can expect gold to take off.

guru likes this.
  7. I was thinking this, everything getting sold

ET180 and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  8. Collagen

Collagen

seems there is to worry about margin call. Gold was kept by a lot of weak hands and finally is on the verge of collapsing.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    congrats likes this.
  9. Specterx

Specterx

Gold gets sold in a market panic. Check 2008, gold sold off steadily throughout the year and collapsed 30% into the October/November crash phase.

congrats likes this.
  10. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

cash and US bonds are king right now....folks are moving out of risk....

#10     Feb 28, 2020