Gold diggers?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by roctheworld, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Humpy

Humpy

We indeed do all pay but nowhere equally. The rich sportsmen get their trophy tarts into bed but which doesn't usually last very long.

#31     Dec 7, 2017
  2. Thanks man, you sound like a balanced person. May I ask if you were married young(while still struggling)? If you were to marry or become a long term partner with a woman, how did you tell her that you are doing well? The best line I can come up with is "I enjoy a considerable degree of freedom, I do what I like to do, not what I have to do", etc. Afterwards, I also test them to see how they respond to the idea of giving away big chunk of money (+-30%) every 10 years (I have reason to believe I will continue to do well, and you will reach your "cap" anyway). A lot of them failed miserably. A few gold diggers are an annoyance, too many of them would make one a little depressed.

Goes without saying overly conspicuous spending attracts the very wrong kind of women AND repel some high quality ones. What you do after finding a good woman is really personal preference. I have witnessed some women who are just "unspoilable", envy those guys. I find a minimalist life style efficient, good for mind clarity, and keeping some deplorable human beings away.

Thanks for your good luck btw. Just got the number of a girl working for a NGO. She told me while camping, the best way to keep roaches away is to starve them of what they feed on, and they tend to feed on the corpses of their own. "They recycle " she said:D

#32     Dec 8, 2017
  3. To answer your questions yes married very young, we both worked at that time. It's helped me to see my own flaws and also to see red flags and avoid certain people. I learned that my greatest asset were not the things that I were driven to achieve but I already had, they were my family particularly my mother and sister.

I'm only saying this from my prospective and what I plan to do when I'm ready to meet people again I plan to just tell them that I trade for a living, simple as that nothing to hide. It's hard to not worry about what others may think about you at first but being honest from the beginning is extremely important. If she jumps at the opportunity to inquire what you make and has this look on her face $_$ you pretty much got your answer and can tease her back with "I use a margin account would you bail me out if it went to negative?" Just kidding...(it would be fun to watch the reaction tho) But on a serious note if someone cared they would have the immediate reaction that reflects that concern and she will inquire about what you actually do daily and not just about the $$ portion. They will ask questions that are of more substance. They will be curious about all that you do because they care for you. It takes time to really get to know someone and you will have to spend time with them in order to know.

Sorry to say your testing of giving away 30% cannot work even if that person is honest and even if they are they cannot be completely sure as to how they'll act until it actually happens. That goes with most things even with ourselves, we cannot predicts what we'll even do when it happens but we can evaluate with what data we have on hand and estimate the worst case scenario and determine if it's worth it. We all want the same thing, to find someone that is willing to weather both the storms and share good times with. Heck you can be on the other spectrum and have a partner for a decade and realize that you can weather the storms but cannot share the good times as they become more and more aggressive/bitter as you try to accumulate the wealth is even more painful. Yes people do change under circumstances, or they simply reveal themselves. But some habits that are formed cannot be changed easily such as a lack of respect of others and self.

I'm not sure how intuitive you are, but you can usually sense it if she's "that type" Never fall for the type that always needs to be rescued especially if they need to be saved all the time, this goes for both genders. But regardless of your intuitions you should always check for the basics such as their relationship with family/friends, how she spends her time and work ethics. If she does not work or only working the minimal amount without future plans I'd question that and investigate it. It's very important that they think and actually plan about the future otherwise forget about it.

I believe you will not encounter much trouble as you are thinking about this ahead and you seem cautious to avoid such people anyway. I do agree with the camper girl's analogy. ;)

Take care!

#33     Dec 8, 2017
  4. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

I found this on reddit. Mark Cuban's advice:
    • I always hear Mark Cubans interview in my head. I loved when he was single and dating, he said he could always find the gold diggers. Cuban said every gold digger said she wanted to travel or start a charity. Howard changed the subject super fast.
    Good luck! That is a fortunate problem to have.

#34     Dec 8, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  5. Thanks for the tips! Couldn't find the reddit post though, only some related links. (maybe google/reddit didn't agree with him)

I'm not quite sure if what Cuban said holds true though... I met tons of female backpackers who are cool, too bad they like to get stoned too...:D Wouldn't be surprised though, in his circle he's bound to run into shadier characters... Problem with staying a bachelor as a billionaire. Maybe ask her HOW she likes to travel instead? Owned gulfstream or economy?

Totally don't get the charity part... There are some who'd just give token amount, and some who go out there and risk malaria or even kidnapping/rape. Use a "giver" identity to overcompensate? Cleaver but how do you know if she's not for real?

If one day I do stop making profits, maybe I'll amount to something a lot more productive to society:p

#35     Dec 11, 2017
  6. Humpy

Humpy

One of the best known " good time " girls in recent times died last week.
    She gave The Minister for War a good time while bedding a Russian KGB agent.
    Yikes.....that caused a stir.
    This arrangement caused the collapse of the current Government.
    Oh and she died in near poverty.

#36     Dec 11, 2017
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

Who was this 20th century mata hari?

#37     Dec 11, 2017
  8. Doesn't matter who she is. I think I get the drift somehow. On my part, habits such as being highly critical, rehearsing worst case scenarios aren't exactly recipe for attracting self assured girls.

Turns out there's a similar post on wallstreetoisis. Among discussions about gold diggers, an ad offering financial modeling courses pops up: "Our models repeatedly proved this method to be most profitable and low-risk..." :D

Time to leave ground zero

#38     Dec 11, 2017
  9. Humpy

Humpy

Her name was Christine Keeler of the UK.
    The Conservative Govt. of Harold MacMillan fell.

#39     Dec 12, 2017
  10. Oh Humpy they leak like a sieve anyway... It's totally unfairly to pin it on that woman.

#40     Feb 6, 2018