Gold (dgp) Oil (dxo) !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, Sep 11, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

I know the gold and oil play is over and has been for quite a few weeks maybe even months now, but I think Oil on the short term basis is over sold, im still waiting for oil to break $100, I think when it does it should settle around 70-80 a barrel. On the other hand I think in the short term oil is quite oversold according. I see a bounce back to the 105-110 range.

I would recommend DXO between $13.50 and $14.00, todays close was $13.91.

As for gold im getting quite bullish on it too, a couple of reasons, I see a pull back in the dollar that has gone up a little to far to fast and I see a possible rate cut or more talk about a rate cut out of the federal reserve that will push gold higher, most likely back to $800-850 range sometime over the next few weeks.

I would recommend DGP between $13.50 and $14.00, todays close was $14.08.

Price targets: 1-3 months

DXO $15-$16 10-15% return

DGP $17-18 20-30% return

These 2 I mentioned are Ultra bullish that move 2X what oil or gold do. If you want to buy oil or gold with a regular ETF I would recommend GLD, IAU, OIL, or USO.

2. dstod

dstod

Great timing! DGP closed over $15 on Friday and gold futures rallying big time.. Gonna open over $16 at this rate...

I picked up DGP around 14.5 but sold at the close... Kicking myself for doing so.

3. bgp

bgp

s2007 i like and bought GLD on thurs. and fri. average 74.92.

bgp

4. S2007S

S2007S

DGP already past my price target, currently trading at $18.70 up from $14.08 a share last week.

Almost a 20% return in a week.

:D :D :D :D :D

DXO still down

:mad:

5. UNG +7.8%
    :p

6. S2007S

S2007S

DXO has touched my Target PRICE OF $15, oil was oversold and has touched my prediction price of $105+

DXO trading at $15.11

DGP trading at $20.72

Both have achieved SIGNIFICANT gains from my calls less than 2 weeks ago.

Hope you guys bought.

:D :D :D :D :D

7. Very nice calls mate.. :)

Whats your current next trade for oil in the short - midterm (tomorrow and for the rest of this week)??

I wnat to get a short in now soo much for the pullback, but the current dollar weaking is making me uncomfortable

8. Very timely thread for me.

I discovered DXO/DTO about 1 1/2 months ago, while poking around Telechart, looking for a way to get in on the nice trendiness in crude.

So far, it's paid off nicely, bought DXO at 12.66. :D From here I'll trail a stop at critical levels, and ride it for whatever I can.

So what's the thoughts about the X contract? Is it being dragged up by the V, or is it a real bounce due to the changing economic conditions/dollar devaluation?

Also, at times I see CNBC (or maybe Bloomberg) displaying crude as CL.1.... is that a blend of all the contracts, or something else?

9. How many 100s to 1000s ticks you all made on crude oil??! :D :D :D

10. That's the front month, Sir.
    October expired today and had 60,000 open interest heading into the last session, providing quite a squeeze.

Nov. now front month.

#10     Sep 22, 2008