Gold Crash

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bearice, Feb 2, 2011.

Gold price will crash?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  1. Shagi

Shagi

Well we do our own thinking and reckon Marc Faber is talking bullshit - short bonds in truckloads this market will capitulate in the next 3 days.

Being able to call a correction is the edge most seek.

#11     Feb 2, 2011
  2. I think the biggest problem in India is land. I read somewhere that 1 acre of good agricultural land costs $200,000 to $400,000 in India.

I know India is a rich country but real estate and land is eating all the Indian money.

So now to save Indian industries and infrastructure either Indian real estate has to be sold or gold has to be sold. I do not see any other way for india to get multi-trillions dollars investment because now rich countries do not have money.

#12     Feb 2, 2011
  3. Very correct but they sell gold and land to buy what????

#13     Feb 2, 2011
  4. To satisfy the massive demand and to support Indian industries and infrastructure.

India will have to crash real estate and land prices someway to save industries and infrastructure.

India will have to withdraw money from real estate and land and give it to industries and infrastructure or else sell gold.

Sky-high real estate prices are useless.

#14     Feb 2, 2011
  5. No I meant the instrument??? To support industries you take loans or buy their shares if they are listed. For infrastructure Govt raises taxes or people invest in Public holdings....again the instrument here is shares....stock market. There is a huge social and mental block here; it’s not easy to convince them for this change. Indians don't use credit cards, save a lot and believe in paying their loans or rather suicide if a house is mortgaged and sent for foreclosure.

The jewelry has emotional value, "this ring my mom gave me when I passed my kindergarten" “this pendant your father gave me when he saw me the first time" “this is from my grandmother”, “this is from my trousseau” and many more.....you want them to sell that and get convinced for an excellent electricity company whose shares they can own and double in 2 years......this will happen but not so soon. I'm gonna leave the discussion here now.......we'll see what India does in its future....not for me to predict or foresee.

#15     Feb 2, 2011
  6. My point is that there is massive quantities of hidden ancient gold in this world. When this hidden gold is available for sale, the gold price will crash immediately.

I believe USA has $100,000 Tons of gold. I know USA. It is better that USA sell its 100,000 Tons of gold before hidden gold makes gold worthless. USA is bankrupt. The same applies to India. Make your own decision.

#16     Feb 2, 2011
  7. rew

rew

Why do people endlessly repeat that stupid line about not being able to eat gold? You can't eat federal reserve notes either. In fact, they'd be a lot more palatable without all that green ink. Gold is simply an alternative currency. On the downside, it pays no interest. (But lately dollars have scarcely been paying interest either.) On the upside, governments can't print it. So the increase in supply is limited, unlike the case for fiat currencies. If our government ever has a sound fiscal policy the gold price will collapse once and for all. The odds of that are low, we'd have to elect about 200 Ron Pauls. In the meantime I expect gold to gradually go up, with plenty of ups and downs in between. We had a big run up in 2010 so there's nothing about the current correction that surprises me. My best guess is that gold will bottom out in the low to mid 1200s, but end the year near 1500. But that's just a guess.

#17     Feb 2, 2011
  8. Shagi

Shagi

The selling in Gold is over done - hope shorts are covered as it will rally on to $1500 in the next 8 weeks.

#18     Feb 3, 2011
  9. BwPirt

BwPirt

India is considered a rich country? This isn't sarcasm, it's pure honesty.

#19     Feb 3, 2011