Gold Bugs and Doomsday Scenarios.

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by hairdresser, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Ever read Robison Crusoe, then you will know what I mean.

As to the Acadmeic trader. What gives Gold its value? A: The same thing that gives a Dollar, Euro or Yen its value, ie perception (get used to it).

#21     Jan 25, 2006
  2. Where did all the Bugs go?

#22     Jan 26, 2006
  3. Please send me all your cheap $$'s before you use them as toilet paper and I will gladly exchange each $1 for a single sheet of fluffy toilet paper. PM me and I'll be happy to arrange the trade, since you don't want them anymore.

#23     Jan 26, 2006
  4. Thanks Ivan, but I need them to buy gold. I actually want a gold pullback to say 500 then I will unload some of my USD. I think Gold is going to atleast 750 in the next couple of years. There will be pullbacks, I hope, along the way like any market.

#24     Jan 26, 2006
  5. Before this is all over people will be lining up to exchange their $10 bills for $1 bills because then they will get 9 extra. 10 sheets burn for a few seconds longer than 1 sheet anyway.
    :D

#25     Jan 26, 2006
  6. Gold is at a major turning point that dates back to 1980. It is heading down without question, however the key is where will it stop. Somewhere in the $350 range first, then it will get a little uglier. The EURUSD is going to at least 1.000. This may be the last chance you have to acquire real wealth. Don't miss the opportunity. You can't bet against the US and win forever.

Good trading.
    DRT

#26     Jan 26, 2006
  7. kudlow?

#27     Jan 27, 2006
  8. dac8555

dac8555

not really...some of us are bears at times, bull at times...sometimes we dont know.

Based on current economic data....I am a bear. I just dont see enough good news on a macro level to be bullish.

I am trading more or less market neutral....becuse based on all the crap economic news...and the horrible job or the current administration, the market is in an uptrend.

I do expect 2006 and 2007 to be down years.

is that so bad?

#28     Jan 27, 2006
  9. Arnie

Arnie

I would wager that over the last 25 years, gold bugs have probably underperformed the market by a mile. Am I right? :D

#30     Jan 31, 2006