GOLD anyone?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Gwhiz, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Oh, that's not bad. I assumed you were one of the just noticed GLD folks. I've got a few tucked away too.

I used to love intraday trading this baby but the volitility has tapered for the time being.

#11     Nov 23, 2006
  2. qva

qva

Why should one buy the ETF, when holding it at least 3 years, instead of a Krugerrand, Maple Leaf, ...

It must have been one of my most special days, going to Brussels to buy some Krugerrands.

You're in the right market, with the wrong instrument, my 2 cents.

#12     Nov 23, 2006
  3. I had some Brussell Sprouts as part of my Thanksgiving Day meal; does that count?:D

Personally I think a balance of Physical (coins.dore bar) Strong stocks(speculative for me) ETF and futures is a good idea.

Cash is still king where I live so Futures and flipping speculative mining stocks are my choice. 2005,2006 and presumably 2007 are the rerunner years. The herd runs to what's hot then discards it for another chance at being late to the party.
    Then repeat and rotate. Always out of step with the music.
    It's always been this way but these past two years have been sort of a run-stop, repeat=retreat,..run-stop, retreat and repeat.

To me there are pros and cons to all combinations. A small cross-section of the above is tolerant.:)

#13     Nov 23, 2006
  4. qva

qva

#14     Nov 23, 2006
  5. I actually hope there's one more big drop in gold/silver prices. Want to accumulate a little more than initiallly planned.

I love the fact everyone still doubts the precious metals sector, even outright dismisses it.

I'm actually trying to barter my new PS3 for some gold/silver, lol. :p

#15     Nov 23, 2006
  6. REDDEC

REDDEC

SO WHATS YOUR EXCUSE FOR GOLD AFTER THE FIRST GULF WAR WHEN GOLD WHEN INTO A TAILSPIN LEADING TO ITS 20 YEAR LOW A FEW YEARS AGO. i THINK TO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS SITE LOOK TO BE IN POSITIONS UNTIL THERE DEATH. HOW CAN YOU LOOK TEN YEARS OUT ESPECIALLY ON A CYCLICAL MARKET. TO MANY PEOPLE IN THE MARKETS AND THE PRESS SEEM TO LOOK AT COMMODITIES LIKE STOCKS BUT THE ONLY THING IS THERE ARE ALWAYS SELLERS IN COMMODITY MARKETS WERE AS STOCKS THERE ARE ALWAYS BUYERS.

#16     Nov 23, 2006
  7. crnindia

crnindia

Gold is still sideways and is going to trouble for some more time.

#17     Nov 24, 2006
  8. So is it safe to say most of you are bullish on Gold as we close out the trading year??

The GOX appears to be real close to the 52 week high & had a very strong near 3% move today in abbreviated trading.

#18     Nov 24, 2006
  9. qva

qva

I expect gold in the high 600's by the end of the year.

#19     Nov 24, 2006
  10. sounds like the imf is going to cool the party off. rat bastards..

#20     Nov 25, 2006