Gold and Silver

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Sep 26, 2005.

1. 6 months? Maybe.

I had a target of close to $500 by the end of the year, I am not fixated on it though, it might not happen.

I am more interested in trading the gold stocks through a regular pattern of highs and lows...if I am lucky.

While I am bullish on metals....but not a goldbug, the reality (unlike oil generating new highs in uncharted territory) is that there is a ton of people who have been holding gold from decades from above $500, so there are some people who may just unload as we get near that level. There is a ton of overhead resistance in the metals, unlike oil....

The central banks are likely going to sell gold to try to control the price as well....

I got concerned last week or two when there was media drama that gold was at a new 17 year high, that's one of the reasons I took profits.

Yes, I do like GG a lot, but taking profits along the way is just my own practice, not necessarily a recommendation for others to do it that way.

I gradually buy in, gradually take profits...I am not an all or nothing trader.

#11     Sep 26, 2005
  2. #12     Sep 26, 2005
  3. #13     Sep 26, 2005
  4. So now what -- if you didn't manage to start building a long position yet, do you just let the trade go if we don't retrace any further?

#14     Sep 27, 2005
  5. That's the tough question, isn't it?

If you didn't own it, would you buy it? If you owned it, would you buy more?

#15     Sep 27, 2005
  6. Even though ZZZ and I had a little heated exchange, I couldn't help but reading the rest of the thread and from what I understood he was holding long positions and probably worried from that bloody hammer, so that's why he got told it could be a good idea close half and let tge rest run.

I guess he must have done pretty well: if I'm not wrong GG was up something like 25% last month.

#16     Sep 27, 2005