Gold and silver up +2000%.

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Debaser82, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Substitute houses and you have a more relevant comparison perhaps.

#31     Nov 3, 2009
  2. You can't drive a bar of gold to work, shopping or anything else...

Like comparing an apple to a rock.

#32     Nov 3, 2009
  3. Very true it would be interesting to see house/gold ratio. I will try to dig one up. Comparing auto to gold or any commodity to autos is a poor metric. Auto for the most part are not a appreciative asset. BTW i got out at $1050.00USD and I am waiting to see a jump over and hold 1100.00USD/oz. Don't forget the Russians just sold a bunch vs. India's purchase sold market is actually skewed a bit.

Akuma

#33     Nov 3, 2009
  4. False you have never been to an emerging market local they always take gold as currency.

Akuma

#34     Nov 3, 2009
  5. Fair enough.

I would think you ought to be looking out for number 2 and 4 right about now.

Glut of gold commercials and fed easing up language.

But what do I know? I prefer the dividends the SPY pays me. :D

#35     Nov 3, 2009
  6. By a historical chart, the last time gold and silver shot up... They both collapsed for many years

[​IMG]

#36     Nov 3, 2009
  7. Looks like a gap fill to me.

Akuma

#37     Nov 3, 2009

8. India just bought 200 tons@1040. Bad investment?

#38     Nov 3, 2009
  9. will see. I think the US should have dumped some gold at this high price.

#39     Nov 3, 2009
  10. True, but the national debt and money supply are both astronomically higher now than they were in 1979-80. Our national debt is literally unpayable and the likelihood is that the value of the US dollar will continue to decline and eventually be replaced as the world reserve currency. The general public thinks everything is okay because the stock market is rising. Once they realize that our country is bankrupt and that their dollars are becoming worthless, they will start buying gold and silver, too. Then, the price will really skyrocket. It will be difficult for gold to go down, because every time it pulls back, investors who have been kicking themselves for not getting in sooner, will buy.

#40     Nov 3, 2009