Gold and Silver mini

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by 2lakes, Jun 18, 2003.

1. jessie

jessie

The liquidity figure is deceptive, as there is a designated contract market maker who is required to make both sides, and keep the spreads reasonable. Also, there are traders doing arb with New York who keep it pretty close in line.
    Jessie

#11     Jun 18, 2003
  2. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Is there any gold option for trading?
    Thanks!

#12     Jun 18, 2003
  3. jessie

jessie

The only gold options with liquidity trade on the comex.
    Jessie

#13     Jun 19, 2003
  4. So, based on the link that I provided, and the replies, I would have to assume at this point that scalp trading or daytrading the gold mini does not have the liquidity. ???

#14     Jun 19, 2003
  5. jessie

jessie

Probably not, but the Comex contract has more than enough. The mini is really too small for much of a scalp anyhow. The Comex contract is only 100 oz. anyway, so a $3 or $4 move, big lately, is only $300-400 daily range, if you got the whole thing.
    Jessie

#15     Jun 19, 2003
  6. Aloha, 2lakes what is the real problem here. Do you want to trade the mini because of the risk or because of the margin?

Everybody knows what I am going to tell you. You can get less risk and use less margin trading spreads. The margin on this was less than $500. This Bean spread has been profitable 16 out of the last 17 years. Currently it is up
    almost $500.00
    [​IMG]:cool:
    Spreads may seem more complicated at first. But they are really very simple. If you want to stay in this game any length of time, we left a trail for you on how to go about placing winning trades using spreads.

#16     Jun 23, 2003
  7. Guys, question regarding YG (mini gold). I searched the CBOT site and couldn't find info on the dollar value per tick/per point on YG. Is it $100 per point, $10 per .10 tick?

thanks

#17     Jun 25, 2003
  8. jessie

jessie

#18     Jun 25, 2003
  9. thanks a ton dude

#19     Jun 25, 2003
  10. I have noticed Interactive Brokers has a Gold Index (GC).

What is it exactly? Spot? Calculated from futures? Else?

alberto

#20     Jun 29, 2003